Steam distillation system Kjeldahl, complete with automated “ON-LINE” analysis (evaluation in real time).
For systematic precise analysis, with minimum personnel intervention, simple and safe. Adequate for a laboratory with a medium to large throughput of samples.
The Kjeldahl steam distillation unit «PRO-NITRO A» evaluates the distillate at the same time as it is produced ( evaluation «On-Line»),the evaluation and distillation are completed as one operation, reducing drastically the analysis time. This type of evaluation offers the following additional advantages: detects the point where the sample no longer produces Nitrogen, which means that, the distillation stops at the optimum maximum Nitrogen recovery and does not prolong the analysis longer than necessary.
The titration is a colorimetric method and is accepted by AOAC and does not require any periodic calibration.
- Distillation by steam generation.
- Automatic «On-line» colorimetric evaluation.
- Steam generator with safety thermostat, over temperature and over pressure device.
- Safety, door closed, that prevents distillation if open.
- Detects that a digestion/distillation tube is present. This prevents the dosing of NaOH if there is no tube located.
- Universal adapter for MACRO (Ø 42 mm) and MICRO (Ø 26 mm)distillation tubes.
- Space saving in the laboratory: the reservoirs for the H2O, NaOH, Boric Acid and
- HCl are located inside the unit.
- Empties the digestion/distillation tubes and the collector automatically.
- Automatic stop when distillation is complete.
- Large LCD display of 20 x 4 characters.
- RS232 output to results printer.
- Main system made from stainless steel with an ABS plastic front.
- Low water level for the steam generator.
- Safety door open or no distillation/digestion tube in place.
- Steam generator over temperature.
- Closing and opening of the condenser cooling water in line with the distillation process.
- Dosing of Boric Acid.
- Dosing of NaOH once the distillation has started.
- Select NaOH and Boric Acid volume.
- ''On-line'' evaluation of distillate.
- Auto detection of the end of the distillation process.
- Special functions to maximise performance.
- Special functions for maintenance.
To complete Kjeldahl Nitrogen analysis a digestion block is also required. (see complimentary products)
|Part No.||Height (cm)||Width (cm)||Depth (cm)||Power (W)||Weight (Kg)|
|Supplied complete with a MACRO Ø 42 mm tube, set of connection tubes, set of reservoirs and 1 litre of Boric acid with indicator, 250 ml. of mixed indicator 4.8 and 100 gr. of sulphate ammonium.|
- Excellent precision on results.
- Complete Nitrogen recovery from the sample.
- Minimum operator intervention.
- No calibration required.
- Minimum analysis time.
The results can be downloaded to a printer (Optional),required for GLP, and includes the following data:
- Consecutive unrepeatable I.D. number of analysis.
- Date and time.
- Volume of NaOH.
- Volume of Boric acid.
- Reagent normality.
- Nitrogen detected.
Quality Control Information
All of the Kjeldahl distillation units 4002430 require a protocol assay for the recovery of nitrogen when manufactured. These results come with the equipment and are valid for IQ and OQ clarification.
|Digestion and distillation tube.|
Series MACRO of 250 ml volume.
Graduated to 100 ml 42 mm Ø x 300 mm high.
Part No. 404230
|Tube for digestion and distillation.|
Series MICRO of 100 ml volume.
26 mm Ø x 300 mm high.
Part No. 4001045
Ink printer (not thermal paper),size (4/6/10 cm) suitable for use with the PRONITRO A.
Paper 2 1/4” (56 mm) wide.
Includes interface and mains cables.
Part No. 4120113
|Measuring range||0.2 to 200 mg Nitrogen|
|Nitrogen recovery||> 99.5%|
|Distillation speed||From 35 to 45 ml/minute|
|Coolant water consumption||80 to 100 litres per hour|
|Steam generator water consumption||2.5 Litre/Hr.|
|Steam generator water reservoir capacity||6 litres|
|NaOH reservoir capacity||2 Litres|
|Boric Acid reservoir capacity||2 Litres|
|Titrant reagent reservoir capacity||2 Litres|
|Minimum reagent dose||0.01 ml|