|James Bond Test™ MK III in use on asphalt||James Bond Test™ MK III in use on Concrete|
- Accurate bond strength of repair mortars, epoxy resins, laminates, overlays, and other coatings.
- Calibrated gauge with maximum load indicator and mechanical damping.
- Ball Joint Design for rapid testing as well as assuring direct tensile loading
- Adjustable alignment plate with built in leveling facility for both vertical and horizontal pulls.
- Compact design.
- Easy to use.
- ISO 4624 Paints and varnishes -- Pull-off test for adhesion
- EN 1015-12 Methods of test for mortar for masonry. Determination of adhesive strength of hardened rendering and plastering mortars on substrate
- EN 1348 Determination of Tensile Adhesion Strength for Cementitious Adhesives
- BS 1881 Part 207 Testing concrete. Recommendations for the assessment of concrete strength by near-to-surface tests
- ASTM C 1583 Standard Test Method for Tensile Strength of Concrete Surfaces and the Bond Strength or Tensile Strength of Concrete Repair and Overlay Materials by Direct Tension (Pull-off Method)
- ASTM D 4541 Standard Test Method for Pull-Off Strength of Coatings Using Portable Adhesion Testers
- ACI 503-30 Guide for the Application of Epoxy and Latex Adhesives for Bonding Freshly Mixed and Hardened Concretes
- DIN 1048 Part 2 Testing concrete; testing of hardened concrete (specimens taken in situ)
|James Bond Tester™ MK III on Horizontal Concrete Deck||James Bond Tester™ MK III
on Vertical Concrete Repair
|James Bond Tester™ MK III
Adequate direct tensile strength between two layers is important if repairs to concrete structures or additional overlays on existing concrete are to be structurally sound. The James Bond Tester™ MK III involves bonding a circular steel disk to the surface by means of an epoxy resin adhesive. A controlled tensile force is then applied to the disk and failure will occur at the weakest point: either in the host material, or in the bond between overlay and host material.
|James Bond Tester™ MK III Gauges||James Bond Tester™ MK III Showing Operator View while Testing||James Bond Tester™ MK III gauge showing maximum load indicator.|
|Easy to read gauges facilitate performing the test. Two gauges are supplied with each system. One for lower strength ranges, weaker concrete, painted on overalys, etc. The other for higher strength overlays, and concrete, mortar and asphalt repairs. These guages feature
|Alignment Plate showing both horizontal and vertical levels||Alignment plate showing vertical level detail|
|The alignment plate has two 360 degree bubble levels built in to facilitate set up, allowing a direct tensile pull from the surface of the material under test. The level can be easily adjusted by utilizing the thumb screws attached to the adjustment legs.|
|James Bond Tester™ MK III Core Diagram||Core Indicating Failure at the Bond Between the Overlay and Substrate|
For Proper testing, it is first necessary to cut through the overly under test directly to the substrate underrneath. In the case of paints, thin coatings and overlays this can simply be accomplished with a fine exacto knife or similar sharp tool. In the case of concrete overlays, asphalts, tiles or similar repair mortars this can only be accomplished by coring saw or drill.
Failure can typically occur in either one of three modes:
Tests can also be performed for verification purposes and not to failure. This will assure the engineer that both the overlay and substrate have 'bonded' and further work or use can proceed.
|James Bond Tester™ MK III Pull Disk Being Mounted in Puller Assembly||Pull Disk Mounted in Bond Puller Assembly|
|James Bond Tester™ MK III features a ball joint pull disk design. This assures that the pulling force is always in tension even if the pull disk is uneven due to irregularities in the overlay surface. This also creates a rapid test setup as the ball end of the disk simply slide into the Bond Test Puller.|
|Range||Increments||Maximum Load Indicator||Mechanical Dampened Movement||Diameter|
|0 - 5 KN / 0 - 1100 lbf||0.2 KN / 50 lbf||Yes||Yes||70 mm / 2.5"|
|0 - 20 KN / 0 - 4450 lbf||1.0 KN / 200 lbf||Yes||Yes||70 mm / 2.5"|
|Diameter||Horizontal and Vertical Level||Easy Thumb Screw Adjustment Knobs|
|150 mm / 6"||Yes||Yes|
|Bond Test Puller Assembly|
|60 mm / 2.5"||210mm / 8.125"||30 KN / 6675 lbf|
|Bond Test Assembly (Alignment Plate Attached to Bond Test Puller Assembly)|
|240 mm / 9.375"||3010 mm / 12.5"||5 Kg / 11 lbs.|
|James Bond Tester™ MK III in Case|
|410mm / 16"||508mm / 20"||205mm / 8"||14 Kg / 31 lbs.|
James Bond Test™ MK III Complete System and Carry Case
James Bond Test™ MK III consists of
- Bond Test Puller Assembly PN: P-081-10700-004
- Alignment Plate Assembly with built in leveling facility PN: P-081-10700-003
- 5 KN / 1100 lbf Gauge for Bond Test Puller Assembly PN: P-089-10987-003
- 20 KN / 4400 lbf Gauge for Bond Test Puller Assembly PN: P-089-10987-004
- Oil fill reservoir PN: P-089-10987-001
- 10 50 mm / 2 inch diameter Ball Joint steel disks PN: P-087-10701-001
- Tube Epoxy PN: P-C-7255
- Allen Wrench and screws for attaching Bond Test Puller to Alignment Plate
- Carrying case