An advanced system featuring the PC automated control of the complete consolidation test.
The ACE EmS is a versatile and fully automatic Oedometer soil consolidation testing machine that comes loaded with the new environmentally friendly Electromechanical Servoactuation (EmS) technology. Silent, compact, and highly performing, the ACE EmS testing system can be run with our ingenious software that can connect up to 60 units with just one PC, enabling you to expand your laboratory gradually and seamlessly.
Oedometric soil test description
The ACE EmS can complete the whole test in fully automatic mode by selecting the load (stress),offering a practical and accurate way to obtain reliable results without any need for manual intervention, reducing the risk of human error.
Totally new and ingenious software
• Can pilot up to 60 ACE EmS units from one single PC with the user able to select single or multiple unit batches.
• Once the software is installed and linked to the first ACE EmS, it is easy to add more units by enabling the associated LAN communication (IP address) without complications or costs.
• Calibrations of displacement transducers and load cells are stored as txt file and easy to recall, up to 10 calibration points can be recorded for each channel.
Real-time data of load and displacement using the touchscreen display
Clarity in results
• Oedometer test results are saved and displayed in real-time, speeding data capture.
• Results are then processed using Wykeham Farrance (WF)’s easy-to-use Geo-Analysis templates, written by experts around international standards allowing you to concentrate on analyzing your materials; not on programing your testing machine.
Interchangeable consolidations cells
• Standard WF consolidation cells from 50.47 to 112.80mm dia. normally used with front-loading oedometer can also be used with the ACE EmS.
Standard test method
• ASTM D2435 - Standard Test Methods for One-Dimensional Consolidation Properties of Soils Using Incremental Loading
• ASTM D4546 - Standard Test Methods for One-Dimensional Swell or Collapse of Soils
• ASTM D3877 - Standard Test Methods for One-Dimensional Expansion, Shrinkage, and Uplift Pressure of Soil-Lime Mixtures
• BS 1377:5 - Methods of test for soils for civil engineering purposes. Compressibility, permeability, and durability tests
• EN 17982:5 - Geotechnical investigation and testing. Laboratory testing of soil. Incremental loading oedometer test
- Versatile fully automatic Oedometer — soil consolidation testing machine featuring incremental loading, swelling, CRS (constant rate of strain),CHG (controlled hydraulic gradient),and unconfined test.
- Environmentally friendly and quiet — the ACE EmS benefits from the new Electromechanical Servoactuation (EmS) technology requiring no dead weights or large & noisy air compressors, thus drastically reducing noise levels.
- Modular and expandable — gradually connect up to 60 units via LAN port using the same PC software allowing you to build your laboratory without interruption — resulting in an excellent return on investments.
- Small footprint — featuring a benchtop shorter than 50 cm.
- Highly performant with a load capacity of up to 20 kN — equivalent to 10,000 kPa on 50.47mm Oedometer consolidation cell.
- Optimized PID closed-loop control — delivering fast, smooth and accurate loading and precise load holding through the multiple test steps.
- Optional local user interface with 6” touch screen high-resolution color — display allowing full control of a single unit, without a PC, including full test execution. USB pen drive included for unlimited storage, TXT format data output.
|Maximum vertical force:||20 kN|
|Ram travel:||25 mm|
|Minimum testing speed:||0.00001 mm/min|
|Maximum testing speed:||50.00000 mm/min|
|Horizontal clearance:||175 mm|
|Vertical Clearance:||185 mm (265 mm with extension columns)|
|Dimension||285 x 390 x 590 mm|
|Weights||40 kg (approx.)|
|Power:||220-110 V, 50-60 Hz, 1 ph|
|Power consumption:||400 W|
It includes a loading pad, 2 porous stones, a clamping ring, and cells.
|Sample diameter [mm]||50.47||63.5||71.40||75||112.8|
|Calibration Disk 26-||WF0320/9||WF0321/9||WF0325/9||WF0326/9||WF0335/9|
Data processing template
Consolidation Geo-Analysis template conforming to BS 1377:5
Consolidation Geo-Analysis template conforming to ASTM D2435
Consolidation Geo-Analysis template conforming to ASTM D4546
LAN Hub with 8 ports for Wykeham Farrance devices. LAN cable from hub to PC is included
Permeability attachment (manual)