A superior sieving instrument, the Sonic Sifter Separator is precise, versatile and ideal for research and quality assurance applications.
Specially designed 3.5" (75mm) diameter acrylic-framed sieves and a patented oscillating air column allows this unit to achieve effi ciencies previously seen only with wet sieving for materials in powdered, granular or pellet form — and is capable of achieving separations over the range of 3µm to 5.6mm. The Sonic Sifter is virtually maintenance free. There’s no screen wear or particle attrition. Particle separations can be accomplished in less than 10 seconds under favorable conditions. And testing times can be cut by up to 90%, compared to other methods.
With the Sonic Sifter:
- Action can be varied for different densities and textures.
- Automatic timing ensures repeatable results.
- Separated fractions of material are retrievable.
- All sieves can be conveniently direct-tared on conventional analytical balances.
- Special see-through acrylic-framed sieves help determine proper power level and fi nish point.
- Power level to separate particles is infi nitely adjustable.
- A vertical, oscillating column of air “tries” the particles 60 times per second, and a vertical mechanical pulse ! shears agglomerates and reorients the particles in the air column.
- No horizontal scrubbing of the particles occurs as in standard sieve shakers.
- Operation requires a very short learning curve.
- There’s no need for periodic adjustments or recalibration.
- Unit holds up to six standard sieves or three precision mesh, double height sieves.
A Column LockL3-N1
C Top ConeL3-N3
D Standard SpacerL3-N4
E Fines CollectorL3-N5
F Fines Collector HolderL3-N6
Complete Stack Assembly*L3-N7
* Includes column lock, diaphragm, top cone, six standard spacers, fi nes collector and fi nes collector holder.
|Model L3P||120 volts, 60 cycles|
|Model L3P-15||120 volts, 50 cycles|
|Model L3P-25||240 volts, 50 cycles|
|Model L3P-26||240 volts, 60 cycles|
|Temperature||0º to 120º F (-18º C to 49º C)|
|For best results, temperature and humidity should be controlled.|
|Weight||43 lb (20 kg)|
|Cabinet||10"w x 12"d x 23"h|
|25 cm x 31 cm x 61 cm|
|Built-in digital timer|
|Warranty||Limited one-year warranty on all units|