Abrasive Soluble Salt Test Kit
- Elcometer - 138
- Measurement Range: 0 μS/cm to 200.0 μS/cm, 0 μS/cm to 2000 μS/cm, 0 mS/cm to 20.00 mS/cm
Abrasives used for blast cleaning surfaces can be contaminated with soluble salts due to the source or the re-use of the blasting media.
This contamination can be transferred to the blast cleaned surface and result in accelerated corrosion conditions and also cause premature coating failure, if this contamination is not removed prior to applying the coating. Testing abrasives on site for soluble salt contamination can be carried out quickly and easily using the Elcometer 138 Abrasive Soluble Salt Test Kit, according to the ASTM D4940 method.
A measured volume of the abrasive is mixed with the same volume of water and agitated to allow any soluble salts to dissolve in the water. The resulting slurry is allowed to settle and the filtered water can then be tested using a conductivity meter. The Elcometer 138 Abrasive Soluble Salt Test Kit provides all that is needed to carry out the test in the field or in the laboratory.
The Elcometer 138 Abrasive Soluble Salt Test Kit – ASTM D4940 contains:
- Elcometer 138E Conductivity Meter
- Standard 1413 μS/cm (1.413 mS/cm) Calibration Solution, 1 x 20ml (0.74 fl oz) Single Use Pouch
- Bottle of Pure Distilled Water; 1000ml (33.8 fl oz)
- Glass Beaker; 100ml (3.4 fl oz)
- Glass Beaker; 600ml (20.3 fl oz)
- Plastic Measuring Beaker; 500ml (16.9 lf oz)
- Stirring Rod
- Filter Papers; Box of 100
- LR44 Alkaline Batteries, Transit Case & User Guide
|E138-A||Elcometer 138 Abrasive Soluble Salt Test Kit with Elcometer 138E Conductivity Meter|
|Measurement Range||0 μS/cm to 200.0 μS/cm, 0 μS/cm to 2000 μS/cm, 0 mS/cm to 20.00 mS/cm|
|Accuracy||1% full scale (see Elcometer 138E Conductivity Meter for full specification)|
|Dimensions||456 x 384 x 127mm (18 x 15.1 x 5”)|
|Weight||2.2kg (4lb 14oz)|
|Packing List||Elcometer 138E Conductivity Meter, 1000ml (33.8 fl oz) bottle of pure distilled water, 100ml & 600ml (3.4 & 20.3 fl oz) glass beakers,|
|500ml (16.9fl oz) plastic measuring beaker, funnel, stirring rod, box of 100 filter papers, 1 x 20ml (0.74fl oz) standard 1413 μS/cm (1.413 mS/cm) calibration solution, 4 x LR44 batteries, transit case and user guide|