The Starrett 657T Flex-O-Post Indicator Holder with Magnetic Base - Complete Assemblie is for use with all Starrett Test, Back-Plunger, AGD, Dial, and Miniature Dial Indicators.
Also accommodates similar indicators of other manufacturers. The flexible post is an assembly of short tubular steel sections and precision ball joints, linked by an internal steel cable. It can be adjusted to any position and locked by turning a lever near the magnetic base. This makes it possible to use indicators in awkward places that are hard to reach with conventional holding devices. Assembled to the magnetic base, the post has a vertical reach of approximately 15" (380mm) and a horizontal reach of approximately 10" (250mm). The indicator snug on the end of the post can be rotated through 360º and locked in any position. The base has three precision ground magnetic contact surfaces. Grips horizontally, vertically or upside down. V-step holds base to arbors, shafts, chucks. Magnetic Base with Post Assembly.
- For use with all Starrett Test, Back-Plunger, AGD, Dial and Miniature-Dial Indicators
- Also accommodates similar indicators of other manufacturers
- Base includes flex-o-post assembly
- Flexible post can be adjusted to any position and locked by turning a lever
- Useful in awkward places that are hard to reach with conventional holding devices