BM-Respirometer specially developed for practical and efficient biological wastewater treatment management, design and research.
- Compact analyzer, with very low maintenance and user friendly operation
- Direct oxygen measurements from a maintenance-free oxygen sensor
- No oxygenation restriction during test performance
- Full control and results by means a powerful software already loaded in the PC of the system
- Automatic software update versions from internet
- Capacity for test conditions setting and modify them throughout the test performance.
- Automatic measurements: OUR, SOUR, bCOD, rbCOD, sbCOD, U (COD utilization rate) and q specific U)
- Last, minimum, maximum and moving average results throughout any moment of the test everal results at any time during the test and option to see them simultaneously on tabular or graphic modes
- Option to open several stored tests and compare their results
- Automatic temperature control integrated in the own console
- H monitoring and automatic control system
- Option for ORP monitoring, simultaneously to pH
- Package of measurements at any moment during test performance
- Capacity for different respirograms and simultaneous overlying
- BM respirometers measure data that can be directly input into modeling – simulating software
- Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
Oxygen requirement and energy optimization
Actual oxygen requirement for any specific process.
Optimal and minimum DO level in the aeration tank, without any detriment of the process efficiency.
Bioaugmentation control and tracking
By means the regular respiration rate measurement we can asses the result of the augmentation effect, to know if it is necessary to increase the dose of biomass and when it has reached its maximum effect.
Automatic calculation of the COD biodegradable fraction (bCOD) or COD readily biodegradable (rbCOD)
Influence of the temperature, pH and oxygen and other conditions on the activated sludge process
Thanks to the capacity to set and modify the test conditions, we can analyze the influence of any of them (or any combination) in the biomass activity and figure out break-points, optimum and minimum working levels.
Operative parameter optimization
Loading rate (F/M), Sludge age (SRT) y Returned sludge rate (RR).
Nitrification rate (AUR), Specific nitrification rate (SAUR, qN), optimal DO range for nitrification, Necessary hydraulic time for ammonium-nitrogen removal, Nitrification capacity, minimum sludge age for nitrification (SRTN)
Starting from the actual value of rbCOD, it is possible to determine the actual nitrate concentration that the process is capable to remove.
Starting from the specific respiration rate of the anoxic biomass, it is possible to estimate the corresponding denitrification rate (NUR)
Toxicity referred to one specific biomass
Fast screening qualitative test and by means of comparison of the actual respiration rates of one mixed-liquor prepared with the sample and another from one standard compound as reference.
Nutrients ratio calculation based on rbCOD / N / P. Kinetic parameters For heterotrophic and autotrophic biomass.
Aeration cycle control in SBR systems.
Biomass carrier (MBBR)
By making use of a special reactor we can calculate the total number of carriers per volume unit, Amount of oxygen needs to maintain the biomass carriers under optimal condition, COD and Ammonium removal capacity, and rest of same applications we can do in a normal activated sludge process
Support for simulation programs
Such as GPS-X, BioWin, …
BM-Advance respirometer is an open system and, as such, supports all kinds of combinations to step into an endless number of applications.
- Type: Optimized batch with closed recirculation.
- Use: Laboratory.
- Oxygen sensor: Maintenance free oxygen sensor. It is not necessary to replace neither membrane nor electrolyte
- Dissolved oxygen (OD), Temperature and pH.
- OUR & SOUR, Rs & Rsp, CO (Consumed Oxygen) and bCOD determinations.
- Calculation of U (Substrate utilization rate) and q (Specific U)
- Measurements visualization on tabular and graphical modes throughout the time.
- Overview of the results package at any time. Data acquisition interval setting.
- During the test, we get the last, minimum, maximum and average values.
- pH control In the test configuration it is possible to set the pH at which it should be performed and change it at any time during the test.
- Test files Automatic generation of a security file just when the test is starting.
- Possibility to save any test under the own software format and/or Excel.
- Operation modes Static, Cyclic and Dynamic controlled by a specific software loaded in the PC of the system. Automatic respirograms generation thorughout the test. Preset test conditions (T, DO, pH, sample volume,…) and possibility to change them during its performance.
- Aeration system From a small air compressor and a ceramic diffuser. The air flow can be controlled by means the software for different percentages of air supply for a non limited time.
- Respirograms Automatic generation of graphic respiromgrams with the possibility to overlay them for comparison. Zoom application for total or partial periods. Option for the simultaneous visualization of several data displays under tabular and/or graphic modes.
- Partial measurements During the test and to its finalization there is the option to get selective partial measurements from the values table or from any selected period of the respirogram.
- Dynamic calibration Only for R mode the measuring system is calibrated by means the reaction of a chemical standard in distilled water, where the total oxygen demand is already known.
- Biomass-carrier Option for a special reactor for biomass carriers to get all respirometry applications for reactor any MBBR process type.
- MBBR reactor Option for a special reactor assembly for moving beds bio-films (MBBR)
- Option for ORP Option to measure the ORP (Redox).
- Temperature 10 to 50º C, by means a peltier & heating system, installed in the analyzer console, controlled by the software
- Ouput RS232 (for console ↔ PC communication)
- Display LCD in sensor controller, LEEDS in front panel and PC screen.
- Power 230 ACV or 115 ACV (under demand) 50/60 Hz - 300 W
- Dimensions/Weight 50 x 40 x 46 (wide x deep x high) / 38 kg