Designed to be used in the field, Clor-N-Oil is a fast, accurate method to test electrical insulating fluids for the presence of PCB.
Each pocket-sized kit contains everything necessary to perform the test in less than 5 minutes. All premeasured reagents are sealed in glass ampules for safe, fast, consistent and accurate results.
Clor-N-Oil is available for testing transformer oil at three different action levels; 20 ppm, 50 ppm, and 500 ppm. To eliminate the possibility of false negatives, Dexsil calibrates all Clor-N-Oil test kits on Aroclor 1242. Aroclor 1242 contains the least amount of chlorine (42% by weight) of the Aroclors found in electrical insulating fluids. By calibrating our test kits using Aroclor 1242, the user obtains the most conservative results. When Clor-N-Oil test kits turn purple, you can be assured your oil sample is below the action level.
- Analytes: Chlorine/Chlorinated Organics
- Matrix: Used Oil, Solvents, Organic Liquids
- Detection Method: Quantitative colorimetric titration
- Action Levels: 200 - 4000 ppm
- Low Range: 50 ppm to 10,000 ppm
- MDL: 200 ppm
- MQL: 600 ppm
- Interferences: Sulfur may cause false positive results
- Overall Accuracy: 10% +/- MDL
- Analysis Time: Less than 5 minutes