Oven Data Logger
- Elcometer - 215
- Maximize productivity
- Minimize energy costs
- Optimise finishing quality
The Elcometer 215 is an easy to use oven temperature data recorder, ideal for measuring the temperature profiles of both the sample and the oven during the curing process.
Logging both the product’s surface temperature and the air temperature in the oven, the Elcometer 215 identifies the achieved “Temperature Profile” and provides the User with information to ensure consistent quality. Suitable for powder coating, wet coating, batch and conveyor ovens, the Elcometer 215’s measurements, analysis capabilities and tailor-made reporting options generate comprehensive details of the curing processes.
- Maximize productivity: Reduce rejects and reworks due to poor oven performance.
- Minimize energy costs: Avoid running the ovens at unnecessarily high temperatures or with long through-put times.
- Optimise finishing quality: Logging temperature profiles provides the information required to ensure consistent quality.
- Datalogger software: Comprehensive calculations and fully customised reports are easily produced with the Elcometer 215 Software supplied as standard with each gauge.
- Choice of kits available: Standard and Top models available
During the powder coating process the product must pass through an oven. During this baking (or stoving) process the powder melts, flows, gels and finally chemically reacts and cures. It is critical to the coating’s final performance and appearance that the parameters for both temperature and time at temperature are controlled. Failure to maintain the correct temperature profile can cause problems in the final performance and durability of the coating. It is imperative to ensure there are no hot or cold spots within the oven, and also that the temperature of the product being coated is sufficient to meet the technical specifications of the powder coating. Variation of the oven temperature profile from batch to batch will lead to changes in the coating’s life-time performance. Controlling the cure process will ensure a high quality product time after time.
The Elcometer 215 is supplied with software which has been designed specifically for the powder and paint cure processes.
- Informs you immediately after the process whether the paint is sufficiently cured.
- Choice of five languages; English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
- Cure specifications from the powder supplier can be applied with upper and lower limits
- Important information such as thermostat settings, track speed, type of paint, client data etc can be added to print a complete quality report
- Can be connected to a HP Printer† for immediate results
A “User Settings Wizard” is incorporated making it easy to add fields such as sample rate, paint type, temperature units, cure specification, probe names, date and time.
It is easy to create your own paint library, complete with cure specifications. The “Download Logger Wizard” makes downloading data easy.
The Outgoing Mail configuration enables any report to be quickly e-mailed. All reports produced can be personalised to show your name, address, logo and website automatically.
Advance calculation functions combined with enhanced process files make it possible to evaluate every part of the cure process and quickly judge the oven performance. Adjustments such as line speed or oven temperature can then be made.
Each batch of data can be viewed and analysed in various formats.
|G215----2S||Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger - Standard Thermal Barrier Kit|
|G215----2T||Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger - High Temperature Thermal Barrier Kit*|
|Gauge Measurement Range||-200°C to 1300°C (-328°F to 2372°F)|
|Gauge Operating Temperature||-30°C to 65°C (-22°F to 149°F) without thermal barriers|
|Accuracy||5°C to 500°C: ±0.5°C (41°F to 932°F: ±1.0°F)|
|>500°C: ±1.0°C (> 932°F: ±2.0°F)|
|Number of Channels||6|
|Measuring Intervals||Adjustable from 8 per second to 1 per hour|
|Memory||260,000 readings or 8 production runs|
|Power Supply||2 x AA batteries|
|Gauge Dimensions||153 x 101 x 23mm (6 x 4 x 0.9")|
|Gauge Weight||450g (15.8oz)|
|Standard Thermal Barrier Kit||High Temperature Thermal Barrier Kit*|
|Thermal Characteristics||100°C (212°F) for 140 minutes||100°C (212°F) for 340 minutes|
|150°C (302°F) for 80 minutes||150°C (302°F) for 195 minutes|
|200°C (392°F) for 60 minutes||200°C (392°F) for 130 minutes|
|250°C (482°F) for 50 minutes||250°C (482°F) for 100 minutes|
|300°C (572°F) for 30 minutes|
|Dimensions (in thermal barrier)||245 x 245 x 115mm (9.65 x 9.65 x 4.5")|
|Weight (in thermal barrier)||4kg (8.8lb)||6kg (13.2lb)|
|Packing List||Elcometer 215 Oven Data Logger, thermal barrier (Model S), thermal barrier with heat sink block (Model T), ElcoMaster® software, USB cable, carry case, 2 x AA batteries and operating instructions|