With a durable aluminum casing and powered using batteries, UV lamp Elcometer 260 is a fast and economical solution for testing coatings and look for traces of porosity.
Equipped with a Watt diode emitting a purple light, UV lamp Elcometer 260 has a beam with a wavelength of 405 nm (± 5 nm),the human eye perceives as a purple light.
A UV reflective additive is applied on the base coating. When the UV lamp is focused on the play areas not covered shine and to identify clearly are defects.
- Detecting the porosity and corrosion points premature corrosion of a substrate is usually caused by the failure of the coating. A major cause of failure is the presence of defects in the finished coating. Commonly referred to as "coating porosity", the main types of defects are described below:
- Flows and drips: The wet coating moves under the action of gravity leaving a thin dry film.
- Crater wear: Occurs when the substrate is wet when the coating has poor flow characteristics, thus creating voids in the coating.
- Pitting: caused either by the presence of air is then released from the substrate or imprisonment particles (dirt, sand, etc.) that do not remain in place.
- Over thickness: If too much paint is applied to a substrate, when the coating hardens, it can crack due to internal stress of the coating.
- Insufficient depth: the areas are not covered or the coating has flowed without covering the corners (specific areas of a substrate) and seals.
|UV Protection Sunglasses||T26020140|
|2 x CR123A lithium batteries||T26020141|
|The lens tipe||Dual Lens|
|Power of the diode||1 watt|
|Wavelength||405nm ± 5nm|
|Lamp housing||highly anodized aluminum|
|Battery tipe||2 x CR123A lithium batteries|
|Autonomy||6 hours (continuous use)|
|Dimensions||150mm x 35mm (5.9 "x 1.4")|
|Item Code||D260 ---- 2||UV lamp for the detection of pinholes Elcometer 260|
|Packing list||UV lamp for the detection of bites Elcometer 260 UV protection glasses, nylon belt holster, 2 x CR123A lithium batteries and instruction manual|