Sand equivalent tests serve as rapid field-correlation tests to show relative proportions of clay-like or plastic fines and dusts in granular soils and fine aggregates.
The test separates sand and clay, a comparative reading is determined between the suspended clay and the settled sand in the measuring cylinder.
Tests may be done in the laboratory or the field.
Set meets ASTM D2419; AASHTO T176.
Shipping wt. 21 lbs (9.5kg)
Set includes the following items:
- (4) Graduated, Plastic, Measuring Cylinders—H-4340.1
- (2) Solid Rubber Stopper—H-4340.5
- (1) Irrigator Tube—H-4340.2.6
- (1) Weighted Foot Assembly—H-4340.3
- (1) Standard Stock Solution, 8oz. Plastic Bottle—H-4342
- (1) Siphon Assembly—H-4340.2 (tube and hose, bow tube and hose, stopper)
- (1) Clamp—H-8630
- (1) Wide-Mouth Funnel—H-4340.4
- (1) Measuring Can, 2.5 oz.—H-1350.3SP
Individual items above can be ordered separately.
|HU4340-000||Sand equivalent test Set|