Light Weight Dynamic Penetrometer
- Sol Solution - Panda
NF P 94-105
- Interesting alternative to a Nuclear Density Gauge
- No special license required for transport or manipulation
- Fast results
PANDA is a variable energy lightweight dynamic cone penetrometer designed for soil investigation and compaction control.
Its usage meets French compaction control standard NF P 94-105.
A ground resistance calculation (in MPa) by depth is compared to a catalogue of cases according to the soil classification (USCS, AASTHO, DIN 18196, PG3,…), the hydric state of the soil and the compaction qualities (% OPN or OPM) required.
The portability of the PANDA has made it the top selling dynamic cone penetrometer for compaction control. PANDA is widely used in France and abroad, in more than 65 countries.
- Conception and development by Sol Solution
- Variable strike energy input from operator adapted to relative ground resistance
- Measurement of variable strike energy and depth for each blow provides instantaneous calculation of ground resistance
- Lightweight and portable
- Automatic data acquisition and storage
- Panda Win data management software
- Single person operation
- Penetrographs and strike information viewable on site
- Case dimensions : L 62 x W 50 x H 23 cm
- Overall weight with case : 21 kg
- 2 cm² fixed cones and 4 cm² lost cones
- Tactile screen
- Mechanical rod extractor
- Automatic hammer system
- Reference curves and anomalies viewable on device at test site
To optimise investigation and geotechnic diagnosis in soils and unbound materials.
- Geological cross-section reference library
- Access to test results from horizontal, sloping, or steep sites
- Restricted access locations unavailable to larger or cumbersome equipment
- Selection of geotechnical outputs through onboard correlation (CBR, CPT, SPT, Cu…)
- Selection of outputs relating to scales,measurement units, elevation, water level.
To verify compaction relating to trenches, excavations, utility installations, earthworks, embankments, dikes, roads, ...
Standard NF P 94-105
- Full depth control in one single operation
- Compaction homogeneity and layer thickness control (compacted lift thickness)
- Identification of individual structural and/or material layers (Base, Sub-Base, Backfill, …)
- Standard database (GTR soil classification) and compaction quality.
- Inbuilt international soil classifications also available (USCS, AASHTO, DIN 1896, PG3,…)
- Automatic inbuilt calculation of encountered anomalies