Moisture and Humidity meter for building and home inspection
With optional pin and relative humidity probes
The Tramex Moisture Encounter MEX5 is a digital Dual-Depth, non-destructive moisture and humidity meter, ideal for surveying moisture and humidity conditions in building structures.
The MEX5 measures moisture content in wood and drywall and provides comparative readings in various building materials such as roofing, plaster, tile and masonry. It also features a built-in hygrometer for ambient conditions and psychrometric values, an Infrared Surface Thermometer and also incorporates optional external in-situ RH probes for in-situ equilibrium RH readings, as well as Pin probes for wood, drywall, and WME readings. These individual and collective features make the MEX5 an essential and indispensable asset for professionals in the building moisture inspection and restoration industry.
Dual depth measuring range
The MEX5 moisture meter features dual depth measuring range. Deep Depth penetration of up to 1¼" (30mm) and Shallow Depth penetration of up to ⅜” (9mm).
The dual depth readings of surface and core moisture can be compared to eliminate the influence of the substrate when testing coverings.
The pinless moisture meter measures moisture content % of wood from 0-30%. The meter can be expanded with the use of pin probes for wood, wood by-products and drywall as well as relative humidity sensor probes for evaluating ambient conditions.
All moisture and humidity readings can be visualised and Geotagged with the Tramex Meters App and turned into moisture maps, reports and charts for sharing.
NDT - Non destructive testing
- %MC dual depth measurement of wood
- Comparative dual depth of drywall, roofing, plaster, tile and masonry
- Dual depth comparative readings of surface and core moisture for eliminating influence of substrate on moisture testing of coverings
- LED indicator Low/Med/High for all NDT scales
- Built-in Hygrometer readings on permanent display
- Built-in Surface Temperature Infrared Thermometer
- Adjustable Specific Gravity for NDT wood readings
- Baseline reference reading set point adjuster to compare to known dry / drying goal reading
Pin Probe (optional plug-in probe)
- Variety of external pin probes and electrodes can be used
- %MC wood, pre-set international standards / access to various preset wood species
- WME readings
- Drywall %MC
- Auto calibration check
- Temperature correction of %MC in wood
- EMC Expected Moisture Content indication based on ambient conditions
Built-in hygrometer and Infrared Surface Thermometer
- Psychrometric evaluations of Ambient RH, Temp, Dew Point Temp, Humidity Ratio (GPP, g/kg)
- Surface Temperature
- Delta Temperature value
- Enthalpy readings
- Emissivity adjustment for surface temperature correction
In-Situ Equilibrium RH Probe (optional plug-in probe)
- Variety of external RH probes can be used:
- In-situ RH probes for concrete moisture testing
- In-situ RH for probes for the building envelope, building materials, insulation, crawl spaces, HVAC systems
Moisture Meter Design
The Moisture Encounter MEX5 detects and evaluates moisture conditions within various building materials by non-destructively measuring the electrical impedance. A low frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material via the electrodes in the base of the instrument. The strength of this signal varies in proportion to the amount of moisture in the material under test. The MEX5 determines the strength of the current and converts this to a moisture content value, displaying it on the large display.
- Locating moisture-related problems and relative humidity issues within and behind a variety of building materials in the building envelope.
- Mapping the extent of moisture damage caused to buildings.
- Monitoring progressive drying conditions in the drying process of building materials and surfaces.
- Dual-Depth penetration allows for comparison of surface and core moisture and elimination of substrate influence on the testing of coverings.
|7.1" x 3.4" x 1.6" (180mm x 85mm x 40mm)
|10.22 oz (290g)
|2 x AALR6 ALKALINE (included)
|Digital 2.3" x 1.4" (58mm x 35mm)
|Depth of penetration:
|Shallow signal: up to 3/8" (9mm)
Deep signal: up to 1¼" (30mm)
|Wood Moisture Content (NDT)
|0 - 30% MC
|Wood Moisture Content (Pin)
|6% - approx 50% MC
|Drywall Moisture Content (Pin)
|0 - 8.5% MC
|Reference scales for building materials
|0 - 100
|0 - 99%
|0% - 99%RH +/- 2% @ 25°C / 77°F