- Taber - 5135 - 5155
Wear and Abrasion Testing
Taber abrading wheels produce characteristic rub wear action.
Mounted to a rotating turntable, specimens are subjected to the rub-wear action of two abrasive wheels. Driven by the test sample, the wheels produce abrasion marks that form a pattern of crossed arcs over a circular ring approximately 30 square centimeters. This reveals abrasion resistance at all angles relative to the weave or grain of the material.
Referenced in numerous international test standards and specifications.
Simple to operate, this instrument has been accepted worldwide as a standard for wear and abrasion research, quality and process control, materials evaluation, and product development. Taber Rotary Abrasers are capable of providing reliable data in a matter of minutes, compared to the years that may be required with in-use testing.
Test a wide range of products.
The Taber Abraser can be used to test virtually any flat specimen. Its field of application has included tests of: painted, lacquered, powder coated, and electroplated surfaces; textile fabrics ranging from sheer silks to heavy upholstery and carpeting; and solid materials such as metals, stone and ceramics. Other materials include paper, glass, plastics, leather, rubber, linoleum, laminates, plus many others.
Available in Two Versions
- Model 5135 Single Platform Abraser
- Model 5155 Dual Platform Abraser 115/230V, 60/50Hz
- Platform speeds 60 and 72 rpm
- Quick Release Wheel Hub
- Balanced, calibrated arms and wheel mounts
- Vacuum system with precision height adjustment
- Sealed aluminum housing
- Membrane control panel with digital display
- Precision stainless steel weights
- Accessory electrical receptacle
- Calibration / Verification Kit
- Sample Cutter
- Wheel Refacer
- Quiet Cabinet
- Grit Feeder
- Scuffing Head Attachment
- Multi-Media Attachment
- Interchangeable Specimen Tables
- Arm Height Extension Kit
- Selection of Abrading Wheel Sets
- Test Accessories
Taber Rotary Abraser Includes
- Auxiliary Weights 500g load & 1000g load
- Specimen Holder (E100-125)
- Hold Down Ring (E-100-101)
- Refacing Discs (S-11)
- Specimen Mounting Card Sample Package (S-36)
- Calibrade® Abrading Wheel Set (CS-10)
- Calibrade® Abrading Wheel Set (H-18)
- Vacuum Unit with Suction Hose & Round Brush