Bender elements allow you to measure the maximum shear modulus (Gmax) of soil samples in order to evaluate their stiffness.
Gmax (typically with shear strain levels of about 0.001%) is a key parameter in the low-strain dynamic analysis used to predict soil behavior or soil-structure interaction during earthquakes, explosions, or machine and traffic vibrations.
The Bender Elements connect directly to the compact and easy-to-install smart unit comprising a signal generator and oscilloscope. Advanced user-friendly software then automates the analysis using a range of algorithms.
- Time difference
- Phase Angle
- Compact and convenient smart signal conditioning control unit comprising a signal generator and receiver to measure S & P wave velocities with LAN PC connection (note PC is not included).
- Triaxial accessories kit for using with the Banded Triaxial Cell for compression or compression/tension test. The kit includes a base pedestal, top cap or vacuum top cap with integrated bender elements plus a pair of sintered bronze stones. ( see accessoreis)
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: Determining S & P wave velocities enables more specimen parameters to be determined. High-speed data acquisition of up to 15 Mega samples/second sample interval provides the resolution necessary for determining wave speeds
- COMPACT AND EASY-TO-INSTALL: This all-in-one turn-key system makes bender element testing easy and reliable. It conveniently includes all the necessary tools such as Wave generator, Oscilloscope, PC software, Bender Element transmitter, and receiver.
- ROBUST DESIGN: The length of the bender element inserted into the soil sample is optimized to avoid compromising the power transmitted or received by the elements. This improves resistance to breakage and makes sample preparation easier, particularly on very stiff samples where only a small recess for the element is required.
- USER-FRIENDLY GRAPHIC USER INTERFACE (GUI): The intuitive software will guide the user in automating bender element tests and quickly producing realistic estimates of shear wave travel time using a range of algorithms (Time Difference, Cross-Correlation, and Phase Angle). This provides maximum flexibility for wave travel interpretation in the absence of international standard methods.
- VERSATILE The system can be either added as an option to Banded Triaxial cells (upgraded with suitable kits including pedestal, top cap, and porous stone); used standalone with optional accessories, or as an upgrade to other manufacturers’ systems.
- Max working pressure: 3500 kPa
- Data acquisition speed: up to 15 Mega samples/second
- The gain range for data acquisition: x5 to x1000
- Resolution of data acquisition (bits): 10
- Multi-frequency test: up to 100 kHz
- Multi-wave generator (sine, haversine, morlet)
- Suitable for a specimen with diameters ranging from 50 to 150mm (standard option only)