The EL-GFX-2 standalone USB data logger measures and stores up to 252,928 temperature and humidity readings over a -30 to +80ºC (-22 to 176°F) and 0 to 100%RH range at a resolution of 0.1ºC and 0.1%RH.
Using the Windows control software (available as a free download from www.easylogusb.com),users can quickly set up the data logger and view downloaded data by connecting the device to the PC’s USB port using the supplied cable.
The data logger features a high-contrast graphic LCD and three-input buttons. This allows users to start, stop and restart the data logger using on-screen menus. This menu also provides real-time analysis of data either as a data summary (showing highest & lowest readings and alarm conditions) or as a graph that updates as new data is added. The Max and Min readings and also the Time and Date these are valid from, can be displayed on the LCD ( info button). If desired, the user can then reset the Max/Min shown on this screen of the LCD. Each time these maxima and minima are reset whilst logging, an “Event Marker” is created in the data. When the data has been downloaded to a PC these Events can be viewed on the graph (Mark Events),they also appear in the data file - associated with the corresponding log when the reset took place. For certain applications where procedures mandate that a regular physical check of the logger / stats have taken place – this can be useful as an audit / validation tool. Multiple data logging sessions can be stored on the device ready for upload to a PC at a later date.
The data logger’s robust design provides IP-67 waterproof protection and the two replaceable ½AA batteries typically allow logging for up to one year.
- Rugged and robust, IP67 construction
- -30 to +80°C and 0 to 100% RH measurement ranges
- Logging rates between 10 seconds and 1 hour
- Stores over 250,000 readings
- On screen menu and graphing to start, stop, review and restart the logger in the field
- Micro USB interface for PC based set-up and data download
- Immediate, delayed, push-button or temperature/RH triggered start mode
- User-programmable alarm thresholds
- Graphic LCD shows real-time readings, graph and current status
- Resettable Min/Max readings may be viewed on the LCD
- User set audible alarm
- Highly visible confidence/alarm LEDs
- Supplied with user replaceable ½ AA batteries
EL-WIN-USB - Control software
Lascar’s Easylog USB control software is available to download from www.easylogusb.com. Easy to install and use, the control software runs under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. The software is used to set-up the data logger as well as download, graph and export data to Excel. Each stored logging session is saved as a separate file.
The software allows the following parameters to be configured:
- Logger name
- Measurement parameter (ºC or ºF)
- Logging Rate (customisable between 10 seconds and 1 hour)
- High and low temperature alarms
- Immediate, delayed, push-button or temperature/humidity
- triggered start mode
- Disable or enable LEDs and sounder with delayed activation
- Display and backlight behaviour after button press
|Relative Humidity||Measurement range||0||100||%RH|
|Accuracy (overall error)||±3.0*||±5.0||%RH|
|Long term stability||0.5||%RH/year|
|Temperature||Measurement range||-30 (-22)||+80 (+176)||°C (°F)|
|Internal resolution||0.1 (0.1)||°C (°F)|
|Accuracy (overall error)||±0.5 (±1.0)||±2.0 (±4.0)||°C (°F)|
|Repeatability||±0.1 (±0.2)||°C (°F)|
|Dew Point||Accuracy (overall error)||±1.1 (±2.0)**||°C (°F)|
|Logging Rate||Every 10 seconds||Every 1 hour||Time|
|Operating Temperature Range***||+30 (-22)||+80 (+176)||°C (°F)|
|2 x ½AA 3.6V Lithium Battery Life||1 †||Year|
|* This specifies the overall error in the logged readings, for relative humidity measurements between 20 and 80%RH.|
** This specifies the overall error in the calculated dew point for relative humidity measurements between 40 and 100%RH at 25°C.
*** At temperatures below -5°C the LCD will exhibit slower response times. The LCD will be disabled at temperatures under -20°C and above 70°C.
† At 25°C and 10 minute logging rate, with no alarm LEDs or sounder and minimal LCD use.