Appareil d'essais de la dureté à pointes multiples
- Taber - 710
Precision instrument measures damage to surfaces not classified as ordinary wear.
Using precision tungsten carbide tips, the Taber Multi-Finger Scratch/Mar Tester is used to measure the susceptibility of material surfaces to scratching, marring, gouging, and other similar physical damage not classified as ordinary wear.
Design based on five-finger scratching device described in automotive specifications.
Specimens are secured to a pneumatically driven platform. Five independent spline-shaft fingers with varying weights exert a constant, vertical load on the test specimen as it travels under interchangeable scratch tips. Spline-shaft fingers are mounted on a rigid gantry platform. Support rests allow the operator to secure individual shafts in a rest position, permitting the testing of non- standard width samples.
Test a wide range of products.
The ‘five-finger’ scratch tester has been popular in the automotive industry for testing smooth or grained plastics commonly used in ornamentation or trim. Useful for quality control as well as material or product development, the Multi-Finger Scratch / Mar Tester is ideal for evaluating plastics, rigid organic materials, paints and coatings, soft metals, linoleum, plus many others.
- Pneumatically driven, moveable platform
- Control knob operation
- Five independent spline-shaft fingers with support rest
- 9-piece weight set (2N, 3N, 4.5N, 5N, 6N, 7N, 10N, 15N, 20N)
- Interchangeable scratch and mar tools
- “Gripping” spring clamp specimen hold-down
- Replaceable specimen platform protective guard
- Electronic timer accurate to 1/100 second
- Air regulator control with built-in lubricator
- 1.0 mm Tungsten Carbide Ball Scratch Tip
- 7.0 mm Tungsten Carbide Ball Mar Tip
- Custom tips available upon request
Accessory Weight Options
- Weight set (includes 8N, 13N, 18N)
- Weight, 25N
Multi-Finger Scratch/Mar Tester Includes
- Spline Shaft Finger Assembly (5 each)
- Scratch Tip, 1.0 mm Diameter Hemisphere (5 each)
- Mar Tip, 7.0 mm Diameter Hemisphere (5 each)
- 9-Piece Weight Set
- Electronic Timer with Digital Display
- Adjustable Specimen Clamp (set of 2)
- Quick Disconnect Socket for Air Supply
- Hex Wrench