- Thermo Scientific - Heraeus Multifuge X3
Process a range of general purpose applications including cell culture, microplate, bioproduction, blood separation and microbiology with the Thermo Scientific Heraeus Multifuge X3 Centrifuge Series.
Featuring industry-leading throughput and energy-efficient operation, this series can process up to 40% more conical tubes in swing-out rotor configuration and 100% more in fixed-angle configuration. A broad range of rotors and adapters, including lightweight Thermo Scientific Fiberlite carbon fiber rotors, handle diverse laboratory applications.
- System offers intuitive control panel and digital display.
- Detailed operation information, including display of set and actual parameters, maximize run performance and temperature accuracy for improved sample protection.
- User can easily adjust speed, time and temperature, even during the run, with convenient keyboard for direct input.
- Innovative lid locking technology enables one finger downward motion for easiest closing and locking of centrifuge lid, even on tall benches with optional automatic lid opening.
- Double temperature management system displays the air temperature in the chamber as well as the sample temperature, ensuring accurate control of the sample temperature during the run.
Thermo Scientific Auto-Lock III Rotor System
- Secure locking system allows easy push-button installation and exchange of rotors.
- System saves time in switch between applications.
- User has easy access to the chamber, enabling quick cleaning, a healthier working environment and longer unit life.
Thermo Scientific ClickSeal Bucket Sealing System
- Biocontainment system that seals with a snap; eliminating screw caps and complicated clips
- Glove-friendly, one-handed open/close capability
- Certified by CAMR in Porton Down, UK
Thermo Scientific SMARTSpin Technology
- Advanced rotor management system maximizes acceleration, braking and residual load imbalance for each rotor and bucket option
- System optimizes safety and improves separations
- Compact size conserves workspace.
- Ergonomic height and curved design ensure comfortable sample handling and cleaning of unit.
Design saves up to 40% of energy on industry standard protocols, such as blood separations or conical-tube processing.
Ventilated Model Multifuge X3
- Dimensions: 26.4L × 22.2W × 14.2″H [35.4″H open] (67 × 56.5 × 36cm [90cm open])
- Net Weight: 189.6 lb. (86kg)
Refrigerated Model Multifuge X3R
- For high-performance applications with temperature-sensitive samples
- CFC-free refrigeration system
- Temperature range: -10° to +40°C
- Pre-cooling function with direct button
- 26.4L × 29.3W × 14.2″H [35.4″H open] (67 × 74.5 × 36cm [90cm open])
- Net weight: 255.7 lb. (116kg)
For exceptional versatility, the Heraeus Multifuge X3 supports a wide range of rotors and adapters, including Thermo Scientific Fiberlite rotors, for a minimum of 16 rotor configurations. All rotors and adapters are sold separately.
- Cell Culture
- Food Safety
- Blood Separation
- Bodily fluid processing
- Stem Cell
- Molecular Biology
|Use||Advanced display and controls, ideal for research or controlled environments, where accuracy and performance are important|
|Panel||Glove- and detergent-friendly|
|Display Size||Large 50 cm2|
|Display Technology||Bright advanced LCD|
|Display Unit||Set and Current|
(Direct Button Access)
|Speed Setting||Numerical keypad|
|Speed Accuracy||1 rpm or 1 x g|
|Time Accuracy||hrs/min or min/sec|
|Time Setting||Countdown from start or countdown from set speed|
|Time Range||< 99h, 59min + continuous|
|Temperature Setting||Sample temperature or chamber air|
|Password Protection||For program protection and lid openings|
|RCF calculation||Maximum radius or user defined by rMax input|
|Languages||English, German, French, Spanish,
Dutch and Russian
|Heraeus Multifuge X3F/X3FR|
|Swinging Bucket Rotors|
|Maximum Capacity||4 x 1000 mL (with TX-1000 rotor)|
|Maximum Speed||6000 rpm (with BIOShield 1000A rotor)|
|Maximum RCF||7164 x g (with BIOShield 1000A rotor)|
|Fixed Angle Rotors|
|Maximum Capacity||6 x 250 mL (with F14-6 x 250LE rotor)|
|Maximum Speed||15200 rpm (with microvolume rotors)|
|Maximum RCF||25830 x g (with 30 x 2 mL rotor)|
|Drive System||Direct, brushless induction low profile motor|
|Rotor Locking System||Push-button Auto-Lock|
|Imbalance Detection System||SMARTSpin|
|Programs||99 (5 with direct access key)|
|Temperature Set Range*||-10 °C to +40 °C|
|Pre-Cooling Function*||Yes, with direct button|
|Refrigeration System*||CFC free|
|Pulse (Short) Run||Yes|
|Acceleration / Deceleration Rates||9 / 10|
|Centrifugation Chamber||Corrosion-resistant, high-thermal conductivity, 304 grade stainless steel|
|Maximum Timer Range||99h, 59min + continuous|
|Sound Level (dBA) with swinging bucket rotor at top speed||< 64 / < 58* (TX-750)|
|with F15-8 x 50 rotor at top speed||< 55 / < 57*|
|Other Features||Certified1 ClickSeal biocontainment system, language selection, motorized lid latch|
|Maximum Power Consumption (W) 120 V||1400|
|230 V||1700 / 1950*|
|Maximum Heat Output (BTU/h) 120 V||4776|
|230 V||5800 / 6653*|
|Height (lid closed)||84 cm / 33.2 in|
|Width||56.5 cm / 22.2 in|
|Depth||67 cm / 26.4 in|
|Weight||152.5 kg / 336.2 lb 142.5 kg* / 314.2 lb*|
|Technical Standards||IEC 61010-1, IEC 61010-2-020, IEC 61010-2-101, 230 V only: EN 61326, EN 55011B|
|Certifications||UL listed, CSA certified, CE marked, IVD compliant, Certified Biosafety, RoHS compliant, WEEE compliant|
|Ordering Information||Heraeus Multifuge X3F/X3FR|
|Heraeus Multifuge, ventilated, 120 V, 60 Hz||75004531|
|Heraeus Multifuge, refrigerated, 120 V, 60 Hz||75004537|