The Tru Pointe® 1100 is a state-of the-art digital ultrasonic inspection system for leak detection, mechanical inspection and troubleshooting
The principle of operation of the Tru Pointe ® 1100 is based on the detection of ultrasonic acoustics produced by the turbulent flow of gases and liquids in leaks, both internal and external. Carrying multiple patents, the Tru Pointe® 1100 incorporates two independent sensors that identify external (airborne) leaks and internal (structural) leaks of any gas.
Detect Leaks Using Ultrasound
The Tru Pointe® 1100 accurately detects ultrasounds generated by leaks which are inaudible to humans and pinpoints them at the speed of sound. Ultrasound from leaks or mechanical problems, like bearing wear, is translated into audible tones by an electronic process called heterodyning where they can be peak hold and an alphanumeric multifunctional display. Independent sensitivity and volume controls allow the user to ‘tune’ into a sound through the unique AudioZoom™ features and on-the-fly sensitivity changes.
The Tru Pointe® 1100 detects airborne leaks or electrical arcing in the frequency band of 34 kHz to 42 kHz and 16kHz to 24 kHz for internal leaks or bearing wear sing the patented internal Touch Probe sensor.
The user can easily toggle between the two modes in four button clicks without having to reset any previous selections.
- For Airborne Leak Detection: The Tru Pointe® 1100 is capable of detecting ANY Gas (compressed air, refrigerants, nitrogen, CO2, helium, vacuum and many others)
- For Structural Leak Detection: The Tru Pointe® 1100 is capable of detecting internal leaks in stream traps, valves, solenoids, pumps and hydraulics (cylinders, controls, etc.).
Features and benefits
- Capable of detecting a 5 PSI leak out of a 0.005” hole, 30 to 40 feet away (depending on background noise).
- Unaffected by the presence of other gases or sounds in the test area.
- Unaffected by wind or temperature fluctuations.
- Includes high-quality noise attenuating headphones compatible with hard hats.
- Unique AudioZoom™ volume control.
|Dimensions:||8.185'' (20.78cm) X 2.4'' (61mm) X .875 (22.22mm)|
|Weight:||0.5lb (233gr) Includes Battery|
|Body Materials:||Durable ABS & Anodized Aluminum|
|Audio Connector||3.5mm Stero|
|Airborne Sensor Sensitivity:||-80db/V-ubar|
|Ultrasound Converter Type:||Digitally Controlled Heterodyne|
|Frequency response, Airborne:||16kHz-24kHz|
|Frequency response, Touch Probe:||16kHz-24kHz|
|Controls:||4 Buttons (with AudioZoomTM)|
|Output, Audio:||0Hz to 4kHz|
|Ourput, Visual:||20 Element Bar Graph With Peak-Hold and|
Separate Alphaunumeric Digital Display
|Low Battery Indicator:||Digital Display, Batt|
|Insufficient Battery Charge:||Automatic Shut-Down|
|Battery Type:||9 Volt|
|Helps convert sounds within valves or solids to airborne sound for the Tru Pointe® Ultra to detect. (Patented)|
|When combined with the ultrasonic sound generator, the SoundBlaster®, the Tru Pointe® 1100 can detect leaks from tanks, enclosures, building doors & windows, automobile windows& windshields, walk-in coolers, clean rooms ship hatches and compartments.|
|28-8002 Tru Pointe® 1100 Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit|
|28-8012 Tru Pointe® 1100 Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit w/SoundBlaster®|