Global Water's EP180 Evaporation Pan is a stainless steel pan for measuring daily evaporation
Global Water's Evaporation Pan is built to be compatible with all standard National Weather Service pan evaporation measurements. The EP180 is a Class A Evaporation Pan that features a drain plug and an attached stilling well for easy installation of a water level sensor, like Global Water's WL400 (3' range). The EP180 is normally installed on a wooden platform set on level ground. There are two commonly used procedures for making evaporation measurements. In both procedures, a 10" Deep x 47-1/2"ID stainless steel pan (like the EP180) is used to hold the water. Since the amount of evaporation is a function of temperature, humidity, wind, and other conditions, in order to relate the evaporation to current or expected conditions, the maximum and minimum temperature of the water and the amount of air passage are normally recorded along with the evaporation. Global Water offers water level sensors, water temperature sensors, weather sensors, and datalogging capabilities to complete an evaporation monitoring system.
- Size: 47.5" diameter x 10" deep
- Construction: Low carbon stainless steel passivated after welding. Heliarc welded
- Weight: 48 lbs.
- Shipping: Because of size, the Evaporation Pan must ship by common carrier.
Options & Prices
- EP180 Evaporation Pan : Please note: This price does not include motor freight shipping charges.
- WL400 Water Level Sensor : Global Water's Evaporation Pan is designed for easy installation of Global Water's WL400. Please specify the 3' range when ordering.
- WE800 Weather Monitoring Station : Evaporation is a function of the wind, humidity, and air temperature. To obtain reliable and comparable evaporation data you should incorporate a weather monitoring system into your evaporation project.