The HI5222 is an advanced research grade dual channel benchtop pH/ISE/mV meter that is completely customizable with a large color LCD, capacitive touch keys, and USB port for computer connectivity
The HI5222 is rich in features including 5 point calibration, selectable resolution, data logging, alarm limits, comprehensive GLP, and much more. It retains simplicity with both dedicated key for routine operation and virtual keys that guide the user through setup options. The HI5222 ensures confidence in measurements with the exclusive Hanna Instruments CAL Check™ feature that alerts the user to potential problems during calibration including if the buffer is contaminated or the probe needs to be cleaned.
The HI5222 is an advanced research grade benchtop pH/mV/ISE dual channel meter that is completely customizable with a large color LCD, capacitive touch keys, and USB port for computer connectivity.
The HI5222 features two galvanically isolated BNC connections for use with the expansive line of pH, ISE and ORP electrodes that Hanna Instruments offers. The meter is supplied with the HI1131B glass body, double junction, combination pH electrode that operates over a wide range of temperature from 0 to 100ºC. All readings are automatically compensated for temperature variations with the separate HI7662-T temperature probe that is included.
As a pH meter, the HI5222 can be calibrated up to five points with eight preprogrammed buffers or five custom buffers. The HI5222 features Hanna’s exclusive CAL Check™ to alert the user of potential problems during the pH calibration processsuch as “Electrode Dirty/Broken” and “Buffer Contaminated.” The overall probe condition based on the offset and slope characteristic of the electrode is displayed as a percentage after calibration is complete.
As an ISE meter, the HI5222 can be calibrated up to five points with a choice of seven fixed standards or five user-defined standards in any concentration unit. The calibration data including date, time, standards used and slope can be viewed at any time along with the current measurement by selecting the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) display option.
Three selectable logging modes are available: automatic, manual and AutoHold logging. Up to 100,000 data points
- Highly Customizable User Interface – The user interface of the HI5222 allows the user to show measurements in various modes: basic measurement with or without GLP information, real-time graphing, and logging data. Calibration stability criteria can be adjusted from fast, moderate, and accurate. Programmable alarm limits can be set to inside or outside allowable limits.
- Color Graphic LCD – The HI5222 features a color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphic, and custom color configurations. The display allows for real-time graphing and the use of virtual keys provide for an intuitive user interface.
- Capacitive Touch – The HI5222 features sensitive capacitive touch buttons for accurate keystrokes when navigating menus and screens. There are four dedicated keys that are used for routine operations including calibration and switching measurement modes and four virtual keys that change based upon use. The capacitive touch technology ensures the buttons never get clogged with sample residue.
- Two Galvanically Isolated pH/ORP/ISE Channels – The HI5222 has two input channels that can be used for pH, ORP and ISE electrodes. Each input channel has connectors for BNC probes, reference probes and a temperature sensor. Each channel is galvanically isolated which means that two measurement probes can be in the same solution at the same time and the voltages produced will not interfere with each other.
- Choice of Calibration – Automatic buffer recognition, semiautomatic, and direct manual entry pH calibration options are available for calibrating up to five points, from a selection of eight standard buffers and up to five custom buffers.
- GLP Data – HI5222 includes a GLP Feature thatallows users to view calibration data and calibration expiration information at the touch of a key. Calibration data include date, time, buffers used for calibration, and electrode offset and slope characteristics.
- CAL Check™ – CAL Check™ alerts users to potential problems during the calibration of the pH electrode. Indicators include “Electrode Dirty/Broken,” “Buffer Contaminated,” electrode response time and the overall probe condition as a percentage that is based on the offset and slope characteristics.
- ISE Measurement with Choice of Concentration Units – The HI5222 allows for calibration and readings in choice of concentration units. The choices of concentration units include ppt, g/L, mg/mL, ppm, mg/L, μg/mL, ppb, μg/L, mg/mL, M, mol/L, mmol/L, %w/v and a user-defined unit.
- ISE Measurement with Incremental Methods – The known addition, known subtraction, analyte addition, and analyte subtraction incremental methods are pre-programmed into the HI5222. Simply follow the on screen guided procedure and the meter will perform the calculation automatically allowing for a higher level of accuracy to be obtained as compared to a direct ISE measurement.
- Data Logging – Three selectable logging modes are available on the HI5222: automatic, manual, and AutoHold logging. Automatic and manual logs up to 100 lots with 50,000 records max/lot with up to 100,000 total data points per channel. Automatic logging features the option to save data according to sampling period and interval.
- Data Transfer – Data can be transferred to a PC with USB cable and HI92000 software (both sold separately).
- Contextual Help – Contextual help is always available through a dedicated “HELP” key. Clear tutorial messages and directions are available on-screen to quickly and easily guide users through setup and calibration. The help information displayed is relative to the setting/option being viewed.
|CAL Check Feature||Comprehensive GLP Data||Real-Time Logging|
|pH Range||-2.0 to 20.0 pH, -2.00 to 20.00 pH, -2.000 to 20.000 pH|
|pH Resolution||0.1, 0.01, 0.001 pH|
|pH Accuracy (@25ºC/77ºF)||±0.1 pH, ±0.01 pH, ±0.002 pH ±1 LSD|
|pH Calibration||automatic, up to five point calibration, eight standard buffers available (1.68, 3.00, 4.01, 6.86, 7.01, 9.18, 10.01,12.45) and five custom buffers|
|pH Temperature||Compensation automatic or manual from -20.0 to 120.0 °C|
|mV Range||±2000 mV|
|mV Resolution||0.1 mV|
|mV Accuracy||±0.2 mV ±1 LSD|
|Relative mV Offset Range||±2000 mV|
|Temperature Range||-20.0 to 120.0 ºC, -4.0 to 248.0 °F, 253.15 to 393.15 K|
|Temperature Resolution||0.1 °C, 0.1 °F, 0.1 K|
|Temperature Accuracy||±0.2 °C, ±0.4 °F, ±0.2 K|
|ISE Range||1 x 10⁻⁶ to 9.99 x 10¹⁰ concentration|
|ISE Resolution||1; 0.1; 0.01; 0.001 concentration|
|ISE Accuracy @ 25 °C/77 °F||±0.5% (monovalent ions); ±1% (divalent ions)|
|ISE Calibration Points||automatic, up to five point calibration, seven fixed standard solutions available (0.01, 0.1, 1, 10, 100, 1000, 10000 choice of concentration) and five custom solutions|
|Electrode/Probe||HI1131B glass body pH electrode with BNC connector and 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|Temperature Probe||HI7662-T stainless steel temperature probe with 1 m (3.3’) cable (included)|
|GLP||Calibration data including date, time, buffers used, offset and slope|
|Logging||100,000 data point storage, 100 lots with 50,000 records/lot; interval: settable between 1 second and 180 minutes max log time; type: automatic, manual, AutoHold|
|Input Channels||2 - pH/ORP/ISE|
|Display||Color graphic LCD with on-screen help, graphing, and custom color configuration|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F; 273 to 323 K), RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Power Supply||12 VDC adapter (included)|
|Dimensions||160 x 231 x 94 mm (6.3 x 9.1 x 3.7”)|
|Weight||1.2 kg (2.64 lbs.)|
|Ordering Information||HI5222 is supplied with HI1131B pH electrode, HI7662-T temperature probe, HI76404W electrode holder, HI70004 pH 4.01 buffer solution sachet, HI70007 pH 7.01 buffer solution sachet, HI700601 electrode cleaning solution sachet (2), HI7082 3.5M KCl electrolyte solution (30 mL), 12 VDC adapter and instructions.|