The 255-200 Evaporation Pan is a standard National Weather Service Class A type for measurement of water evaporation.
It is normally installed on a wooden platform set on the ground in a grassy location. The pan is filled with water and exposed to represent an open body of water. The pan is filled to within 2.5 inches of the top of the pan. The evaporation rate can be measured by manual readings or with an analog output evaporation gauge.
- Material: Low carbon stainless steel, type 304, 18 gauge
- Construction: Heliarc welded, 1/2" drain plug, NPT female coupling
- Size: Cylindrical, inside dimensions 10" deep x 47-1/2" dia (254 mm x 1026 mm),wall thickness 0.047"
- Volume: Approx 77 gallons (adding 7.7 gallons will raise water level in pan by 1")
- Weight/shipping: 50 lbs/68 lbs (23 kg/31 kg)
- Shipping box: 50" x 49" x 11"