The Solinst 12V Submersible Pump provides an efficient means of purging and obtaining groundwater samples from monitoring wells.
The 12V Submersible Pump and 12V Pump Controller are lightweight, portable, and easy to set up, deploy and operate.
The Pump’s sleek, short design ensures it fits easily down wells without hang-ups.
The Solinst 12V Submersible Pump is capable of pumping groundwater from 36.5 m (120 ft) below ground surface, with flow rates up to 13.5 L/min (3.6 US gpm) in shallow conditions.
Solinst 12V Pump Design and Operation
The Solinst 12V Submersible Pump system comprises the 12V Submersible Pump with cable, 12V Pump Controller, sample tubing (sold separately),and a user-supplied power source.
The 12V Submersible Pump cable simply connects to the 12V Pump Controller, which then clips to a 12V power source.
The 3/8" (9.5 mm) ID LDPE sample tubing is pushed onto the barbed fitting on the 12V Pump.
Convenient LED lights on the Controller indicate the status of the 12V Submersible Pump system, including high or low battery voltage, proper battery connection, normal operation, and maximum flow rate. It has an easy-to-reset circuit breaker (no fuse to replace).
Simply turn the dial on the 12V Pump Controller clockwise to increase the voltage to the Controller, which turns the Pump’s motor faster and increases the flow rate.
12V Submersible Pump Features
- Very simple to operate and adjust from high to low flow rates
- Smooth, short (6" nominal) Pump design avoids getting stuck in wells that aren’t straight or plumb
- Fits inside Nominal 2" OD Sched. 40 or 80 PVC Pipe
- Convenient LED light indicates 12V Pump Controller
- status and Pump operation
- Lightweight, compact, portable system
12V Submersible Pump Applications
- High and low-flow groundwater sampling for general chemistry
- High purge rates ideal when sampling using three volume purge protocol
- Useful when performing constant head tests in environments with high K (hydraulic conductivity)
Accessories and Power Options
415 12V Submersible Pump Specifications
As much as 36.5 m (120 ft) below ground surface
Up to 13.5 L/min (3.6 US gpm)
Pump Cable Length:
130 ft (40 m)
Pump Cable Weight:
3.5 kg ( 7.8 lbs)
ABS pump body, 304 stainless steel motor, impeller and eyebolt, poly- propylene hose barb, nitrile/buna o-rings and seals, PVC jacket electrical wire
4.78 cm OD x 13.97 cm long (1.88" x 5.5")
0.8 kg (1.8 lbs)
33 cm x 13 cm x 17 cm (13”x 5”x 6.5”)
3.4 kg (7.5 lbs)
Controller Cable Length:
1 m (3.5 ft)
12V Deep Cycle 60 amp AGM Battery or larger, or vehicle or marine battery
12.5V–15V at source
20mA (when dial is OFF),3A (dial is at 1) to 36A (dial is at MAX (10))
Max. Run Time:
Continuous, as long as Pump fully submerged during operation
12V Submersible Pump: 90 Days 12V Pump Controller: 3 Years