The key is knowing both when and how much to water!
Maintaining a healthy water balance is essential for producing high quality plants. Under-watered plants suffer from nutrient deficiencies, stunting and wilting. Conversely, over-watered plants are more susceptible to disease pressure and less tolerant of dry conditions later on in their life cycle. Extreme over-watering will suffocate the plant and lead to root death.
- Capacitance-type sensor responds immediately to changes in soil moisture content
- Calibrated for mineral soils or soilless media
- Installs easily into 3/4 in (1.9 cm) hole
- Install permanently or use to take spot measurements
- Can be read with hand-held digital reader or connected to data logging weather station
- Compatible with 1000 Series Micro Stations and all 2000 Series Weather Stations and Mini Stations
- Connect up to 8 sensors to one station Not compatible with 400/200 loggers. WatchDog Stations sold prior to 2009 must be upgraded. (call for support)
|Standard Interface||WatchDog weather station, FieldScout soil moisture reader|
|Range||0% VWC to saturation|
|Power Requirements||3 to 5V @ 6 to 10 mA|
|Output||Analog voltage 0.5 - 1.5V for a 3V excitation (ratiometric for other excitation voltages)|
|Cable Length||6 ft (1.8 m) and 20 ft (6 m) standard, extendable up to 50 ft (15 m)|
|Accuracy||3% VWC @ EC < 8 mS/cm|
|Sensing Area||2.4 in (6 cm) x 0.8 in (2 cm)|