- Velp Scientifica - HU 6
- Fast and precise heating with 0.5°C temperature stability and homogeneity
- Continuous filtration and rising of six samples in parallel
- Intuitive digital interface
Can we help you?
Model : HU 6
- 230 V / 50 - 60 Hz
- Included: A00000089 Glass sand, 2 Kg and A00000097 Celite 545, 1 Kg
- The HU 6 model requires the following accessories: A00000413 Glassware Kit 3 positions, A00000293 Crucible holder for SER 158 and A00000309 Crucible holder for SER 148
Hydrolysis UnitConvenient, reliable, and safe hydrolysis unit, for the sample preparation prior to extraction for total fat determination.
The VELP Scientifica Hydrolysis Unit HU 6 is the ideal solution for prior to solvent extraction for the determination of the total fat content, in order to free the fat molecules ready for extraction.
This procedure is required in a number of AOAC Official Methods to determine the fat content of food samples such as meat, cheese, seafood, chocolate, cereal flours, etc.
The HU 6 performs hydrolysis in complete safety and handles six samples at the same time in order to maximize productivity.
The samples are heated in test-tubes in an aluminum heating block offering excellent thermal homogeneity. Hydrolysis is performed in an acidic environment (4N hydrochloric acid) and in some cases also in a basic environment (20% w/v ammonia) for about 60 minutes at a temperature of 170°C. The hydrolyzed sample is then filtered in a glass crucible and washed with warm deionized water to eliminate traces of hydrochloric acid.
The HU 6 is supplied with a vacuum pump that ensures safety thanks to the reduction of acid fumes.
The glass crucible containing the hydrolyzed and washed sample is oven-dried before being placed in a desiccator. The crucible is then transferred directly to the SER 158 and SER 148 Solvent Extraction Unit avoiding any possible sample loss and ensuring improved accuracy of results.
Fast and safe hydrolysis
HU 6 Hydrolysis Unit works with the innovative TEMS™ benefits, for huge savings.
- Time-Saving: rapid heating reduces wasted time
- Energy Saving: limited energy consumption thus cutting CO2 emissions
- Money-Saving: cost reduction for each analysis
- Space Saving: the narrow footprint saves valuable laboratory bench space
|CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL:||epoxy painted stainless steel structure|
|NUMBER OF POSITIONS:||6 samples|
|SET TEMPERATURE:||display visualization|
|NUMBER OF PROGRAMS:||20|
|SELECTABLE LANGUAGE:||IT, EN|
|TEMPERATURE RANGE:||from room temp. to 200 °C|
|STABILITY OF THE HEATING BLOCK TEMPERATURE:||± 0,5°C|
|PRECISION OF THE HEATING BLOCK TEMPERATURE:||± 0,5°C|
|REACHING OF SET TEMPERATURE:||acoustic and visual signal|
|DIMENSIONS (WXHXD):||420x230x130 mm (16.5x9.0x5.1 in)|
|WEIGHT:||14 Kg / 30.8 lb|