The SilverSchmidt features superior performance, unmatched repeatability and intuitive operation all in a rugged and ergonomic unit.
The SilverSchmidt has the following advantages over the traditional rebound hammer:
- The rebound value is independent of the impact direction
- The rebound value is not affected by internal friction
- Tighter sealing against dirt and dust intrusion for longer life
The unique design and high quality construction of the Silver-Schmidt brings a variety of additional benefits:
- The SilverSchmidt body lies very comfortably in the hand
- The display is highly readable under any conditions
- The new measurement principle and the design of the mechanics enable the SilverSchmidt to outperform its predecessors
- A large number of measurement points can be easily collected by the instrument and automatically evaluated according to standardized statistical criteria
- It offers automatic conversion to the required measurement unit (MPa, N/mm2, kg/cm2, psi)
Two key factors contribute to the improved performance of the SilverSchmidt over its predecessors:
- Velocity based detection of the rebound quotient
- The lightweight hybrid design of the impact plunger is made from aerospace alloy, matched to the elastic properties of the concrete and equipped with a hardened steel cap
Independent validation testing by BAM (Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing) Germany has shown the SilverSchmidt to have less dispersion than the classical hammer over the entire range. This is a result of the patented optical detection technology for the rebound value Q.
ST: Standard model. Hammerlink software provided for performing firmware upgrades and selecting statistics presets only. Useful memory limited to the last 20 series.
PC: Full Hammerlink software functionality. Extended memory usage. Download to PC. User defined custom curves.
Type N: Standard impact energy. Test object should have minimum thickness of 100 mm (3.9”) and be firmly fixed in the structure.
Type L: Low impact energy. Suitable for brittle objects or structures less than 100 mm (3.9”) thick.
Intuitive User Interface
The language independent user interface is simple to use and provides all of the functionality necessary for a rapid assessment of the structure. Practically every command can be activated either directly or in two consecutive steps.
Data Acquisition and Processing
Pre-programmed statistical methods in accordance with all of the major standards assures an error free, rapid determination of the rebound value.
Reduced dispersion and direct conversion to compressive strength based on validated curves, regional curves or user defined curves bring improved accuracy to compressive strength estimates.
All data is automatically saved and the last 20 series may be reviewed in the data list.
Hammerlink – Data Analysis made simple
The Windows based software Hammerlink unlocks the full capabilities of the SilverSchmidt PC version, making it an even more powerful instrument for structural assessment.
- Extended memory usage
- Rapid uniformity testing with the summary view
- User defined conversion curves (polynomial and exponential)
- User defined statistical methods
- Export to third party software
Extending the range to fresh Concrete
The mushroom plunger in combination with the SilverSchmidt PC Type L hammer extends the lower measuring range down to approximately 5 MPa (725 psi).
This coupled with the SilverSchmidt’s inherent angle independency makes it the perfect tool for early strength applications such as determining when to remove formwork in tunnel linings.
SilverSchmidt complies fully with EN 12504-2 and EN 13791. The following standards have been applied in SilverSchmidt for the procedure to determine the rebound number: ASTM C 805, JGJ/T 23-2011.
|Impact energy Type N||2.207 Nm (1.63 ft lbf)|
|Impact energy Type L||0.735 Nm (0.54 ft lbf)|
|Concrete compressive strength range Types N/L||10 – 100 Mpa |
(1450 – 14500 psi)
|Concrete compressive strength range Type L plus mushroom plunger||5 – 30 MPa|
(725 – 4351 psi)
|Dimensions of housing||55 x 55 x 255 mm |
(2.16” x 2.16” x 10.04”)
|Weight||570 g (1.3 lb)|
|Max. impacts per series||99|
|Memory capacity (PC version only)||ca. 400 series of 10 impacts|
|Useful memory capacity||Last 20 series may be reviewed|
|ST version||in the data list|
|Display||17 x 71 pixel, graphic|
|Battery life||>5000 impacts between charges|
|Charger connection||USB type B (5V, 100 mA)|
|Operating temperature||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F)|
|Storage temperature||-10 to 70°C (14 to 158°F)|