Windrow Hay Moisture Tester
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO TEST HAY MOISTURE PRIOR TO BALING?
Proper moisture levels during baling is essential to produce better quality hay and reduce economic losses. Baling hay at the correct moisture levels reduces mold development, and helps to preserve the color and feed value of hay.
- Only portable hay moisture tester available for use in the field before baling
- Quickly measures loose hay and forage from a windrow without committing the time and expense of using baling or chopping equipment before the hay is at the correct moisture levels
- Simple to use - add loose hay to a five-gallon bucket, insert tester probe and press a button
- Moisture range: 13% - 70% depending on hay tested
- Testing time: 30 - 60 seconds
- Accuracy: ±2% - 4%
- Display resolution: 0.1% moisture
- 9V battery required
Dish probe only – 07253