- Atago - Polax-2L
- Angle of rotation : -179.95° to +180.00°
- International sugar scale : -130.0°Z to +130.0°Z
Polarimeter, which is known as an optical rotation meter, is an instrument to measure optical rotation of "optically active matter" such as saccharin, ascorbic acid and sodium glutamate.
Long lasting LED
"LED" which has long life and lights overwhelmingly fast in comparison with the sodium lamp, is used as a light source. The wavelenght of 589nm equivalent to D-line of the sodium is ensured by using interference filter together with "LED".
Look through the eyepiece and match the brightness at the left and right of the visual field with push-button switches. Measurement value is indicated digitally on the display panel. Moreover, the temperature of the sample chamber can be indicated on the display panel by pressing the shift/temp switch.
Push-button switches are used to rotate the analyzer. In addition to the right (+) and left(-) switches, the POLAX-2L has the shift/temp switch with which the rotation speed can be changed in two steps.
- Polarimeter is widely used in the pharmaceutical and chemical industries for quality control. Approximately 60 types of chemical materials for measuring " Angle of Rotation" in the list of Pharmacopeia. Including ascorbic acid, testosterone, and cocaine.
- Many optically active materials used in food additives, flavoring and perfumes, the polarimetric analysis is widely applied.
- International sugar scale (°Z) is used for sugar measurement and polarimeter is essential instruments for this procedure.
- Polarimeter is widely used for educational purposes in the filed of " Physics" and "Applied science" course for understanding polarized light, optical rotation, optical active substance, and optical activity.
|Scale||Angle of rotation
International sugar scale
|Measurement Range||Angle of rotation : -179.95° to +180.00°
International sugar scale : -130.0°Z to +130.0°Z
|Resolution||Angle of rotation : 0.05°
International sugar scale : 0.1°Z
|Measurement Accuracy||Angle of rotation : ±0.10°
International sugar scale : 0.3°Z
|Temperature compensation range||5 to 40°C|
|Light source||LED with interference filter|
|Measurement Wavelength||589nm (equivalent to the sodium-D line spectrum)|
|Power Supply||AC100 to 240V 50/60Hz|
|Included Accessories||Observation tubes : 100mm tube and 200mm tube / each|
|Dimensions & Weight||43×22×30cm, 10.3kg
(Main Unit only)