Digital Dry Block Heaters
- Ohaus - HBXDG
- 1, 2, 4 or 6 blocks
- Temperature Range: Ambient + 5°C – 120°C
- Temperature stability as low as ± 0.1°C
Designed for applications that require repeatable results and superior temperature stability.
These multipurpose units are ideal for incubation and activation of cultures, enzyme reactions, immunoassays, melting/boiling points, and a wide variety of other laboratory procedures. Integral support rod holder with locking knob accepts optional External Temperature Probe Kit. Optional External Temperature Probe Kit monitors actual block or sample temperature. Each of the five models accepts separate interchangeable modular blocks, accommodating various tube sizes from 0.2 mL micro-tubes to 50 mL centrifuge tubes. Each block has a thermometer well for measuring block temperature. Efficient heating due to close tube-and-block contact for maximum heat retention. Heaters require OHAUS modular heating blocks for operation. Modular blocks are sold separately (see download section).
- Microprocessor Control: PID temperature control, with optional external RTD probe, offers a temperature stability as low as ± 0.1°C with a temperature uniformity as low as ± 0.1 °C. Samples are heated to temperature quickly and accurately. Temperature is adjusted in ± 0.1 °C increments.
- LED Display: Touchpad controls with easy-to-read, independent LED displays for temperature, and time. Provides repeatable and accurate results every time and is easily visible across lab benches. Shows set-point and actual temperature. Timer will display elapsed time or, when programmed to user defined limit, will shut off unit when time reaches zero. Display will show last used settings, even after power has been turned off.
- Temperature Calibration Mode: Allows user to calibrate unit to an external temperature device.
- Caution Hot Indicator: Hot warning symbol light is illuminated when the temperature is above 40°C.
- Overshoot Protection: If the unit exceeds the set temperature by 10°C the unit will automatically stop heating.
- Audible Alarm: In timed mode, alarm will sound when time reaches zero and when unit reaches set-point temperature.
CAUTION! To avoid possible electrical hazard, do not ll well or block opening with water or other fluids. Unit is designed as a dry bath/incubator.
Units can be run in conditions from 18 to 33°C (64 to 91°F), 20% to 80% relative humidity, non-condensing.
Denaturing proteins, DNA applications, ELISA and other immunoassay studies.
Units include a detachable, 3-wire cord and plug. Modular blocks are sold separately (see download section).
External Temperature Probe Kit - 30400246
Enables the unit to read actual block or sample temperature and display that temperature on the control panel. The optional External Temperature Probe Kit includes a stainless steel RTD PT100 probe, 18" (45.7 cm) stainless steel support rod, thermometer/temperature probe extension clamp and hook connector. The PT100 RTD probe is designed to t perfectly into the thermometer well of each modular block.
|Size||Temperature Range||Uniformity Within the Block @ 37°C||Temperature Stability @37°C||Uniformity Across Similar Blocks @37°C||Heat-Up Time to 100°C||Model||Item No.|
|1 block||Ambient +5°C to 100°C
||120 volt units: ± 0.1°C||120 volt units: ± 1.0°C||N/A|| ≤16 minutes||HB1DG||30392059|
|2 block||± 0.1°C|| ≤16 minutes||HB2DG||30392080|
|4 block||± 0.2°C|| ≤23 minutes||HB4DG||30392087|
|6 block||± 0.3°C||≤30 minutes||HB6DG||30392094|