- Thermo Scientific - Heraeus Megafuge 40 - 40R
Process 40% more 50mL conical tubes or 100% more blood tubes with the Thermo Scientific Heraeus Megafuge 40 Centrifuge, offering exceptional capacity, ergonomic features and value for routine sample processing on the benchtop.
Proprietary design innovations enable safe, simple and comfortable operation every day.
Easy to Use
- Intuitive controls simplify operation and provide detailed information on a wide range of operating parameters and processing status for optimal performance.
- Proprieteary motorized lid latch enables one finger downward motion for easiest closing and locking of centrifuge lid, even on tall benches.
Thermo Scientific Auto–Lock III Rotor System
- Secure locking system for easy push-button installation and exchange of rotors
- Saves time switching between applications
- Easy access to rotor chamber for quick cleaning, a healthier working environment and longer unit life
Thermo Scientific ClickSeal Bucket Sealing System
- Biocontainment solution that seals with a snap, eliminating screw caps and complicated clips
- Glove-friendly, one-handed open/close capability
- Certified by CAMR in Porton Down, UK
Thermo Scientific SMARTSpin Technology
- Advanced rotor management system maximizes acceleration, braking and residual load imbalance for each rotor and bucket option.
- System optimizes safety and improves separations.
- Compact dimensions optimize work area.
- Ergonomic height and curved design ensure easy sample loading and unloading and easy cleaning.
Outstanding Energy Efficiency
Up to 40% energy consumption savings on industry standard protocols, such as standard blood separation or conical tubes processing
Ventilated Model Megafuge 40
- Dimensions: 26.4L × 22.2W × 14.2″H [35.4″H open] (67 × 56.5 × 36cm [90cm open])
- Net Weight: 189.6 lb. (86kg)
Refrigerated Model Megafuge 40R
- CFC-free refrigeration system
- Temperature range: -10° to +40°C
- Pre-cooling function with direct button
- 26.4L × 29.3W × 14.2″H [35.4″H open] (67 × 74.5 × 36cm [90cm open])
- Net Weight: 255.7 lb. (116kg)
A wide range of rotors are available for your daily routine processing requirements. Maximize performance with lighter-weight Thermo Scientific Fiberlite carbon fiber rotors that offer versatility, speed and robust, corrosion-free design. All rotors and adapters are sold separately.
Smartspin Technology. (Rotors, adapters and tubes must be ordered separately to accommodate your application).
- Cell culture
- Blood processing
|Use||Intuitive display and control, ideal for routine and repetitive environments|
|Panel||Glove- and detergent-friendly|
|Display Size||Large 50 cm2|
|Display Technology||Bright advanced LCD|
(Direct Button Access)
|Speed Setting||Scrolling arrow keys|
|Speed Accuracy||100 rpm or 100 x g|
|Time Setting||Countdown from start|
|Time Range||< 9h, 59min + continuous|
|Temperature Setting||Chamber air|
|RCF calculation||Maximum radius|
|Languages||English, German, French, Spanish,
Dutch and Russian
|Swinging Bucket Rotors|
|Maximum Capacity||4 x 1000 mL (with TX-1000 rotor)|
|Maximum Speed||5300 rpm (with BIOShield 1000A rotor)|
|Maximum RCF||5590 x g (with BIOShield 1000A rotor)|
|Fixed Angle Rotors|
|Maximum Capacity||6 x 100 mL (with F15-6 x 100 rotor)|
|Maximum Speed||15200 rpm (with microvolume rotors)|
|Maximum RCF||25830 x g (with 30 x 2 mL rotor)|
|Drive System||Direct, brushless induction low profile motor|
|Rotor Locking System||Push-button Auto-Lock|
|Imbalance Detection System||SMARTSpin|
|Programs||6, direct access|
|Temperature Set Range*||-10 °C to +40 °C|
|Pre-Cooling Function*||Yes, with direct button|
|Refrigeration System*||CFC free|
|Pulse (Short) Run||Yes|
|Acceleration / Deceleration Rates||9 / 10|
|Centrifugation Chamber||Corrosion-resistant, high-thermal conductivity, 304 grade stainless steel|
|Maximum Timer Range||9h, 59min + continuous|
|Sound Level (dBA) with swinging bucket rotor at top speed||< 61 / < 57* (TX-750)|
|Other Features||Certified1 ClickSeal biocontainment system, language selection, motorized lid latch|
|Maximum Power Consumption (W) 120 V||1400|
|230 V||1700 / 1950*|
|Maximum Heat Output (BTU/h) 120 V||4776|
|230 V||5800 / 6653*|
|Height (lid closed)||36 cm / 14.2 in|
|Width||56.5 cm / 22.2 in 74.5 cm* / 29.3 in*|
|Depth||67 cm / 26.4 in|
|Weight||86 kg / 189.6 lb
116 kg* / 255.7 lb*
|Technical Standards||IEC 61010-1, IEC 61010-2-020, IEC 61010-2-101|
|Certifications||UL listed, CSA certified, CE marked, IVD compliant, Certified Biosafety, RoHS compliant, WEEE compliant|
|Heraeus Megafuge, ventilated, 120 V, 60 Hz||75004504|
|Heraeus Megafuge, refrigerated, 120 V, 60 Hz||75004519|