The controller is designed around a new generation of switching power supplies which are smaller and lighter than the older BFS supplies.
The supplies are overrated 100% to ensure cool operation and continuous service.
Safety features include overtemperature alarm with power shut down in the event of inadequate flow of cooling water or overuse of the thaw feature.
- Frozen tissue sections from most microtomes
- Fast freezing preserves cell detail
- Freeze to temperatures as low as -40°C
- Temperature adjustable for optimum cutting
- Quick thaw for easy cleanup
- No CO2 needed-minimal cost to run
Innovative new stage design
- An etched grid on top plate promotes better adhesion of frozen sample.
- Thinner stage design reduces the need for a knife raising block.
- Waterways inside the stage are redesigned to create a single passage to improve heat transfer and reduce potential for blockage.
- Single large peltier module results in uniform temperature across the entire surface of the stage.
- Redesigned mounting hardware facilitates the direct attachment of blocks or posts to the underside of the stage and a new adapter plate system allows mounting on a variety of different microtomes.
- Controller incorporates fan assisted internal cooling to maintain low internal component temperatures
- Continuous display of both set and run temperatures
- Simple digital temperature control set-up
- Auxiliary switched AC output for accessories (see options).
- P.I.D. microprocessor based temperature controller with autotuning feature and feedback sensor breakage alarm. Adjustable feet provide convenient viewing angle for display.
- 110 to 230V AC operation
- Temperature control to within 0.5°C in the range of -40°C to ambient.
- Thaw switch to quickly release frozen samples.
- Water Pump and Tank Unit
- In-Line Sediment Water Filter