Trapezoidal Flume sizes are available to measure everything from an intermittent trickle to a consistent canal.
All trapezoidal flumes exhibit similar flow characteristics and have application advantages over other flumes and weirs.
VPC offers a full line of standard flumes, along with countless custom structures used for open channel flow measurement. Sizes are available to measure everything from an intermittent trickle to a consistent canal.
- Flat bottom from entrance to exit for better head conversion.
- Do not require a free-fall discharge to operate correctly.
- Staff gauge and instrument mounting brackets located within flume and factory installed
- Natural shape of the flume mimics many earthen and concrete-lined ditches.
- Flat floor and sloping wall allow solids to pass through the throat without being trapped.
Minimum Flow Range
Maximum Flow Range
|GE-TRFL-S||Small Trapezoidal Flume||Small||0.17207 gpm||31.143 gpm|
|GE-TRFL-L||Large Trapezoidal Flume||Large||0.17207 gpm||116.34 gpm|
|GE-TRFL-XL||Extra Large (XL) Trapezoidal Flume||Extra Large (XL)||0.41751 gpm||606.87 gpm|