All KPSI Transducers utilize a highly accurate pressure sensor assembly specifically designed for hostile fluids and gases. The assembly is integrated with supporting electronics in a durable waterproof housing constructed of 316 stainless steel or titanium. The attached electrical cable is custom manufactured to Pressure Systems’ specifications and includes Kevlar® members to prevent errors due to cable elongation, and a unique water block feature that self-seals in the event of accidental cuts to the cable. Each transducer is shipped with our latest SuperDry™ Vent Filter that prevents moisture from entering the vent tube for at least one year without maintenance, even in the most humid environments.
These units are designed for installation in a Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, and D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F and G, Class III, Division 1 hazardous location when connected to appropriate apparatus such as those manufactured by R. G. Stahl, Inc., and others. KPSI transducers are type approved by the American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and are UL, CUL, and FM approved and have a IP 68 and NEMA 6P housing protection rating. The Series 700 is CE compliant to EN 61000-6-4:2001 and EN 61000-6-2:2001. All KPSI Transducer calibrations are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
|5 thru 700|
(1.5 thru 210)
|2.3 thru 700|
(0.70 thru 210)
|N/A||35 thru 700|
(10 thru 210)
|10 thru 700|
(3 thru 210)
|N/A||35 thru 700 (10 thru 210)||ft H2O|
|Proof Pressure||1.5||x FS|
|Burst Pressure||2.0||x FS|
|Static Accuracy3||±0.05||±0.10||±0.25||±0.50||±1.00||±FSO||BFSL method|
|Wetted Materials||316 SS or Titanium; Delrin®;|
polyurethane or Viton®
|Delrin® and Viton® are registered|
trademarks of DuPont
|0 to 50||°C|
|Thermal Error4||±0.055||%FSO / °C||Worst case over compensated|
|-20 to 60||°C||When using polyurethane cable|
|0 to 50||°C||When using ETFE cable11|
|Protecting Rating||IP 68, NEMA 6P|
|Excitation||9 - 3012 | 2.5 - 10||VDC||for mA, VDC|
|Input Current||20 | 3.5||mA max||for mA output | VDC output|
|Output10||4 - 20 | 0 - 5||mA | VDC||Option available6|
|Zero Offset||±0.208 | <0.25||mA | VDC||for mA output | VDC output|
|See Loop Resistance Diagram | 20||ohm||for mA output | VDC output|
|at 50 VDC|
|Circuit Protection||Polarity, surge/shorted output|
Polyurethane (std) ETFE9 (opt)
|Tefzel®, Teflon® and Kevlar®|
are registrated trademarks
|Cable Seal||Molded Polyurethane|
|for polyurethane cable|
for ETFE cable
|Temperature Output Option (Not Intrinsic Safety Approved)|
|-20 to 60||°C||available for 4-20 mA|
output version only
|Output Signal16||4 - 20||mA|
|Lightning Protection (Optiomal)13|
|Life Expectancy||>1000 operations|
|Response Time||<10 nsecs|
1. For ranges > 230 ft (70 m) H2O, output is 4-20 mA only.
2. Intermediate level ranges are available.
3. Static accuracy includes the combined errors due to nonlinearity, hysteresis and nonrepeatability on a Best Fit Straight Line (BFSL) basis, at 25ºC per ISA S51.1.
4. Thermal error is the maximum allowable deviation from the Best Fit Straight Line due to a change in temperature, per ISA S51.1.
5. For ranges < 12 ft (4 m) H2O, maximum thermal error is ±0.1% FSO/ºC.
6. Custom VDC output levels can be provided up to 2.5 VDC less than the excitation supply voltage. Contact Customer Service for VDC output availability.
8. For ranges <= 5 ft (1 m) H2O, zero offset is ±0.25 mA.
9. ETFE is a fluoropolymer (Teflon® derivative) material, Tefzel® or equivalent
10. For ranges < 5 ft (1.5 m) H2O, only 4-20 mA output is available.
11. -20ºC to 50ºC for level ranges <= 100 ft (70m) H2O when using ETFE cable.
12. Intrinsic safety limits excitation to 28V.
13. The power supply needs to be limited to 150 mA to avoid lock up of the gas tube after a suppression event.