The SPAD 502 Plus Chlorophyll Meter instantly measures chlorophyll content or “greenness” of your plants to reduce the risk of yield-limiting deficiencies or costly overfertilizing.
The SPAD 502 Plus quantifies subtle changes or trends in plant health long before they’re visible to the human eye. Non-invasive measurement; simply clamp the meter over leafy tissue, and receive an indexed chlorophyll content reading (-9.9 to 199.9) in less than 2 seconds. Assess nitrogen needs by comparing in-field SPAD readings to university guidelines or to adequately fertilized reference strips. Research shows a strong correlation between SPAD measurements and leaf N content.
- Instantly measures chlorophyll content or “greenness” of your plants on a scale of -9.9 to 199.9
- Non-invasive, non-destructive measurement
- Trend graph stores and displays up to 30 measurements
- Waterproof design
- Compare in-field SPAD readings to university guidelines
- Research shows a strong correlation between SPAD measurements and leaf N content
- Available with or without a built-in data logger
- Includes hard carrying case and batteries
|Optical Density Difference at two wavelengths||650 nm and 940 nm|
|Measurement Area||2 mm x 3 mm (Approximately 3/32 in x 1/8 in)|
|Light Source||2 LEDs|
|Power Source||2 AA alkaline batteries (1.5V)|
|Repeatability||Within ±0.3 SPAD unit|
|SPAD Value||Index of relative chlorophyll content; -9.9 to 199.9|