Building Inspection Moisture Meter
For Wood, Plaster, Drywall, Brick, Roofing
- Tramex - Moisture Encounter PLUS (MEP)
- Non-destructive moisture measurement of wood
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1.25°(30mm) in wood and drywall
- Rubber electrode pads in direct contact with material being tested
The Moisture Encounter Plus Operates on the principle of non destructive impedance measurement.
Coplanar electrodes are flitted on the base of the instrument from which low frequency signals are transmitted into the material being tested, measuring the change in impedance caused by the presence of moisture. This reading is translated by the instrument into a moisture content reading.
- Non-destructive moisture measurement of wood, plaster, drywall, block, brick, roofing and mostmaterials found in the building envelope using 3 ranges of sensitivity
- Deep signal penetration, up to 1.25°(30mm) in wood and drywall, detects elevated moisture through most covering materials without having to damage or puncture the materials being tested.
- Rubber electrode pads in direct contact with material being tested for better sensitivity and depth of signal penetration.
- Deeper signal penetration up to over 1 in. into the materials being tested
- Wider range of readings for wood of 5% to 30% and 0 to 100 comparative for all other materials
- Larger clear easy to read display giving meaningful readings
- Hold function enables user to "freeze" the reading. Useful for taking readings when the meter face is not visible
- Switch-able "ON" or "OFF" audio warning tone
- Automatic Power Cutoff switches "OFF" when not in use
- Automatic Default to last user setting when switched back on
Water Damage Restoration, Indoor Air Quality, Pest Control, Building Surveying, Residential Roofing.
Drywall, wood, plaster, brick, ceramic, porcelain tiles, resilient flooring, laminates, asphalt composition shingles and most building materials.
|Size||6" x 3.5" x 1.5" (150mm x 85mm x 38mm)|
|Power||9 Volt PP3 Battery|
|Depth of penetration||up to 1 ¼ " ( 30 mm ) (in wood and drywall)|
|Reference Scale for Building Materials||0 to 100|
|Moisture content of wood||5 to 30%|