It's a compact moisture meter kit for moisture and humidity surveying of buildings and building materials.
The Tramex BSIZK is the compact kit for non-destructive testing of moisture content and humidity conditions in drywall, wood, plaster, brick, ceramic tiles, resilient flooring, laminates and roofing and numerous building materials and air spaces. Tramex moisture meters are designed to locate elevated moisture & humidity conditions, which may be conducive to mold, microbial growth and wood destroying organisms.
These damp conditions can often be hidden within or behind a material such as drywall and not obvious from visual inspection without the help of a non-destructive moisture meter. Once the moisture source is identified and stopped, remedial action can be taken leading to a healthier building environment.
The Tramex digital MRH III and reusable Ambient Relative Humidity Hygro-i2 Short Probe allow for testing relative humidity, temperature and dew point in the environment. The heavy-duty pin-probes measure moisture content in wood, and the insulated 7.8” pins allow for deep wall cavity probing. Concrete slab in situ relative humidity testing can also be performed with the reusable relative humidity probe and enclosed hole liners.
The Tramex Building Survey Inspection EZ Kit comes in a Tramex Easy-travel case.
Features of MRH III:
- Deep signal, non-destructive penetration up to 30mm in wood and drywall in non-destructive mode.
- Detects moisture through paint, wall coverings, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, roof coverings and most building materials.
- Hold function “freezes” meter reading when inspecting areas where the meter face is not visible.
- Audio signal sounds when meter indicates high readings.
- Large clear backlit digital display giving meaningful readings.
- Accurate non-invasive moisture content readings from 5 to 55% MC in wood.
- Attachable pin-type wood probe for accessing hard to reach areas and for probing into wall cavities and wood.
- Attachable Relative Humidity probe for testing of relative humidity, temperature, dew point and grains per pound readings all shown on one clear display, as well as in situ or hood testing of concrete per international standards.
- MRH III – moisture and humidity meter.
- 1 x Ambient Relative Humidity Hygro-i2 Short Probe.
- 6 x Hole liners and caps.
- Heavy-duty pin-type wood probe.
- 7" (200mm) insulated pins for in-depth penetration using pin probe.
MRH3 - Measuring range:
|Depth of penetration:||up to 1¼"(30mm)(In wood, drywall)|
|Reference scale for building materials:||0 to 100|
|Relative Humidity (with optional Hygro-i2 ® probe):||0 to 99%|
|Wood Non-invasive Mode:||5 to 55% MC (at SG of 0.3)|
|Wood Invasive Mode (with optional wood pin probes):||7 to 40%MC|
Hygro-i2 Short Probe - Relative Humidity Sensor Specifications:
|Range:||0 to 100%RH|
|Accuracy:||0% to 99%RH ±2.0%RH (@ 77ºF (25ºC))|
|Resolution:||0.1% over the complete range|
|Drift:||<0.25%RH per year|
Hygro-i2 Short Probe - Temperature Sensor Specifications:
|Range:||-40ºF to 257ºF (-40ºC to 125ºC)|
|Accuracy:||±0.1ºF Range 68ºF to 140ºF|
|(±0.1°C Range 20°C to 60°C)|
|Sensor Protection:||PTFE Film protects sensor opening from water & dust|
|Drift:||<0.04ºF (0.03ºC) per year|
|NIST traceable.||(National Institute of Standards and Technology)|
Specifications of Kit:
|Size:||13.8" x 9.1" x 3.5" (350mm x 230mm x 90mm)|
|Power:||1 x 9 volt PP3 Battery (included)|